*Scientist II Cell Biology*
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
*How will you make an impact?*
The successful candidate will assist the Cell Biology R&D team in novel mammalian cell line development with a focus on protein and cell and gene therapy products. The scientist will be responsible for identifying, maintaining and characterizing clones that fit predetermined criteria. Candidates may help to identify and develop technologies for incorporation into new products, generate application data, and support marketing initiatives. Candidates will execute scientific research individually and as part of cross-functional development teams to reach these goals.
*What will you do? *
* Maintain and characterize a variety of genetically modified mammalian suspension cell systems aimed at protein and viral vector production for clinical applications
* Characterize culture system performance using techniques including flow cytometry, ELISA and related techniques (BLI), gene expression assays (qPCR/ddPCR)
* Meticulously track, compile and report results in a digital format to support cGMP documentation and protect intellectual property in accordance with relevant Thermo Fisher Scientific standards
* Interact closely with other internal departments in the development of new products and troubleshooting of existing processes
* Comply with all company safety, training, and quality regulations (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP requirements, etc.) and procedures
*How will you get here?*
* M.S. degree in Cell biology, Virology or related scientific discipline with 1-3+ years of relevant experience with mammalian cell culture technique
* Must have experience with the culture and transient transfection of mammalian suspension cells, preferably production systems aimed at recombinant protein and viral vector production
* Experience with current laboratory techniques including, ELISA, Western blot, qPCR and other relevant assays
* Must have the ability to maintain meticulous records of work performed and report on a regular basis.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner to both technical and non technical audiences
* Excellent organizational , time management and multi-tasking skills
* Must be proficient using MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
*Preferred Qualifications *
* Experience with cGMP cell line development
* Experience with DOE design
* Experience with performing various assays to assess protein and viral vector quantity and quality, e.g. FACS., qPCR, Western, Octet etc.
* Familiarity with molecular biology, e.g. vector design, gene editing methodologies
* Exposure to purification methods of proteins and viral vectors, e.g. affinity purification, SEC, IEX, etc.
Our global team of more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit [www.thermofisher.com](http://www.thermofisher.com).
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.