Job Title: Scientist II, Cell and Gene Therapy
How will you make an impact?
Contribute to the development of closed automated platforms that will help in creation of next generation of therapies. Our team is looking for highly motivated and an outstanding scientist with working knowledge and hands on experience in cell therapy workflows including immune cell isolation, expansion, cell engineering and fill finish processes using closed automated systems. Ideal candidate will have experience in immune cell characterization and potency assays. Prior experience working with one or more blood cells or stem cells (Example: primary NK cells, iPSCs, HSCs) is a plus. The scientist will be a part of a highly matrixed and collaborative team environment. This role requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong work ethics, independence and ability to work in a fast-paced research and development environment.
What will you do?
* Contribute to the development of closed automated platforms that will be used for Cell and gene therapy manufacturing
* Carry out research and development of products that will be used in autologous and allogeneic cell therapy workflows
* Work with blood cells or stem cells and routinely perform cell isolation, cell engineering and, cell functional characterization assays for purity and potency assessment
* Immunofluorescence assays including multicolor flow cytometry, cell sorting and gene expressions profiling using qPCR, sequencing or other platforms.
* Design experiments, analyze data and present data to internal and external collaborators or customers
How will you get here?
* Education/Experience: Masters in cellular biology or other relevant disciplines with some knowledge of immunology or cancer biology
* At least 1-2 years of experience in cell therapy related field ideally with hands on experience using closed automated systems
* Prior experience working with immune cells and stem cells, example, NK, HSCs, iPSCs is a plus
* Cell analysis and characterization assay expertise with immune cells or stem cells with minimum 1-year multicolor flow cytometry experience
* Have deep intellectual curiosity, excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills