*Position: Director, Supply Chain *
*Reports To: Sr. Director, Supply Chain *
*Location:** **Carlsbad, CA, Grand Island, NY, *
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving sophisticated analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or growing efficiency in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our distributed team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an outstanding combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit [www.thermofisher.com](http://www.thermofisher.com).
Group/division summary The position is part of the Biosciences Division (BID), a $5.2 billion business with 4,000+ employees across the globe. Our team serves 480,000 customers with 70,000 products in 180 countries. The majority of the business comes from academic and government funded customers, with the rest of the business coming from the pharmaceutical, biotech, and healthcare industries as well as from the industrial market. With more than 4,000 patents, over 770,000 scientific citations and 70,000 products, BID is grounded in science. Position summary The Director of Supply Chain will be a Divisional Business Unit Global Supply Chain leader and will drive the End to End Supply Chain Strategy. In this role, you will lead, collaborate and help develop targeted improvement Plans for the Business Unit Supply Chain. You will be accountable for annual improvements in both the company's Customer Allegiance Score (CAS) for Order Fulfillment, material availability, delivery and inventory performance. Key Responsibilities:
* Develop a Supply Chain Strategy in support of the Business Unit STRAP
* Progress a standard Sales, Operations, and Inventory Planning process
* Cultivate a standard supply and demand planning approach
* Drive the material flow and availability strategy and measure and improve material availability.
* Advance the inventory planning approach and achieve inventory targets
* Lead the standard set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to drive business results and to serve as early warning signs of problem performance e.g. inventory health, schedule adherence
* Work with IT and Procurement to identify and standardize around a core set of information system solutions and data analytics platforms.
* Develop a talent development and acquisition strategy to continuously improve the supply chain function.
* Closely partner with operations leadership to support achievement of Annual Operating Plans.
* Utilize continuous improvement tools and processes to drive performance improvement
* A Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or other business management subject area or related field. MBA or advanced degree preferred or 10+ years of relevant supply chain management experience, with at least 7 years of people management experience. Specific experience in Materials Management and Planning.
* Preferred qualifications include:
* Lean Manufacturing certification.
* Six Sigma Green / Black Belt Certification.
* APICS certification is strongly.
* Experience in GMP, regulated environment (Life Science, Pharma, Med Device, etc.).
* Strong discernment and problem-solving capabilities, with direct, applied experience in Supply Chain.
* Ability to link the critical business supply chain, systems, and processes needed to achieve forecast accuracy.
* Clear understanding of the order-to-cash process in manufacturing businesses.
* Knowledge of business systems and information technology for leading sophisticated supply chain activities.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
* Consistent track record with a continuous improvement methodology (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma).
* Strong leader with the ability to influence and lead a large geographically diverse organization.
* Ability to successfully build clear meaningful objectives and facilitate career planning for team members.
* Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
* Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values - Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I's).
* Position may require Covid-19 vaccination and/or routing testing, per client discretion
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds have an outstanding story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus scheme, healthcare, company pension, and a range of employee benefits!
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.