When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
*Location/Division Specific Information*
Territory will cover the San Francisco South Bay Area and the state of Nevada.
*How will you make an impact?*
As a Field Applications Scientist III you will provide your scientific expertise and applications support and training to customers on Thermo Fisher Scientific's sample preparation products through a variety of interfaces including in-person, phone and email communications. You will partner with sales reps in the field to deliver sample preparation pre- and post-sales related customer support activities and solve customer escalations effectively. You will acts as a trusted expert to our customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty and contributing to the overall success of the business.
*What will you do?*
* Performs product demonstrations at customer or company sites
* Prepares and presents seminars to wide array of audiences
* Generate and record opportunities related to the Thermo Fisher Scientific workflow including Service contracts.
* Provides start-up applications training to customers in their laboratories or as an instructor at Thermo Fisher Scientific training centers.
* Provides troubleshooting support to customers in the field or by phone/email.
* Resolves and/or escalates customer issues & complaints.
Other Roles & Responsibilities
* Acquire and maintain theoretical and practical knowledge of real-time PCR and digital PCR applications/workflows.
* Reports on technical trends going on in the territory by relating customer concerns and issues to the appropriate internal partners.
* May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
*How will you get here?*
* Requires a BA or BS in Biology, MicroBiology, BioChemistry or related scientific field.
* Masters or PhD strongly preferred.
* Requires a minimum of 3+ years of laboratory or related work experience.
* Hands-on experience of real-time PCR on market-leading platforms is essential.
* 1+ year of working with Life Technologies/Applied Biosystems real-time PCR instruments preferred.
* Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is critical. Experience in a customer-facing role and/or providing technical and scientific presentations to a variety of audiences is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Is able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Capable of working independently. Is self-motivated and proactive.
* Demonstrates clear and concise communications and is capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts.
* Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
* Typically works remotely from home office.
* Travel may range from 50% to 75%.
* Responsible to effectively manage schedule and negotiate scheduling conflicts
* Valid Driver's license is required.
* Most duties are performed at field locations which may require walking within customer facilities, standing while giving presentations or conducting meetings and sitting to complete reports and sales calls.
* Demonstrations may require moving equipment and manual dexterity and ability to lift up to 50 pounds
* Significant experience in a marketing role/product management, life sciences preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.