*Job Title: Field Applications Scientist, Clinical qPCR*
*Requisition ID: 176456BR*
*Location: Southern California preferably in the Orange County/Los Angeles area; willing to consider candidates in Louisiana *
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
We are currently seeking a Field Applications Scientist/Customer Success Manager (CSM) with a background in clinical laboratory settings (infectious disease is preferred) with experience in molecular testing to further strengthen our team. This role is part of a field-based team focused on the support of large, high-throughput clinical customers as they expand Genetic Testing capabilities with our Amplitude Systems.
*What will you do?*
* Serve as primary day-to-day support to ensure proper lab performance for high sample per day customer(s)
* Management of client offering/services such as planning, installation, training, validation and troubleshooting for our Genetic Testing solutions
* Partner with our commercial team in the promotion of other health care content menu options to enhance the utility of our solutions in customer labs
* Be the Thermo Fisher single point of contact for the customer for all technical issues
* Coordinate all technical activities with other Thermo Fisher personnel
* Own the implementation of assays and products / clinical solutions within customer sites
* Maximize customer value/satisfaction by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives.
* Understand all customer bottlenecks to success and leverage the full scale and capability of Thermo Fisher to remove them
* Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers or potential influencers internally and externally
* Understand the clinical lab landscape and help to develop a business strategy on how to best tackle the clinical markets with Clinical Commercial Sales counterparts
Job duties will include the following tasks:
* Assist customers with implementation of our testing solutions
* Triage customer concerns and ensure SLAs are managed and customer expectations are met
* Provide training to customers at their own CLIA/GLP laboratories and at virtual Thermo Fisher training locations
* Provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries
* Ensure maximum reagent and consumables pull-through
* Promote new products (clinical solutions) on customer sites and in conferences/user meetings
* Work in collaboration with the Account Manager to set up the best support strategy for each customer site
* Build strong relationships with customers
* Maintain and develop the CRM database
* Maintain consistent and structured communication with counterparts and articulate summarized communication to Manager on a periodic basis
* Obtain successful adoption of the technology while investigating the potential of other applications and solutions both pre-clinically and clinically
* Align with other teams in the company on a regular basis
*How will you get here?*
BA/BS (with 1-3 years of experience) required or MS degree in Life Sciences, PhD preferred
* Must have experience in qPCR in a clinical laboratory setting.
* Understanding of clinical industry standards, guidelines and environments
* Previous experience as a customer-facing application specialist desirable
*Knowledge, Skills, Abilities*
* Requires routine COVID-19 testing requirements unless you can provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
* Ability to travel 50-75% overnight.
* Some weekend support will be required
* A technically savvy individual who can assess customer clinical needs and implement training and experimental approaches to ensure customer success.
* Excellent communication and influencing skills
* A problem solver with proven ability to overcome technical hurdles
* Ability to understand and articulate complex scientific literature and use extensive complex clinical data as a key factor in the sales process
* Strong drive for success
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit [www.thermofisher.com](http://www.thermofisher.com/).
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status