About the Company
With its innovative array of sauces, dressings and condiments, syrups and toppings, dairy-based beverages and ice cream, Golden State Foods provides quality-rich liquid products to a variety of leading customers worldwide.
Golden State Foods produces more than 30 million cases (600 million pounds) of liquid products each year from its seven international facilities. The company has been creating and processing liquid products since the early 1970s, consistently meeting rigorous standards for delivering liquid products to the international foodservice and retail markets.Overview
We are seeking a strategic and dedicated Director to manage Quality Systems and Food Safety across multiple plants. This individual will provide leadership, direction, and day-to-day support to ensure all LPNA facilities meet food safety laws, federal, state and local regulatory requirements, customer requirements and GSF's standards. The Director of Quality Systems and Food Safety will be responsible for the continued effectiveness and improvement of LPNA Quality and Food Safety policies and programs, including development and implementation of new systems in response to changes in the business objectives, regulations and customer requirements.Responsibilities
- Provides leadership to QA Managers to maintain a robust Food Safety and Quality System & to ensure GSF makes the 'best product'. Mentors, coaches and develops LPNA Food Safety & Quality Systems team members. (30%)
- Works closely with the manufacturing facilities and across functions to implement effective continuous improvement methodologies across the business to improve quality. (15%)
- Responsible for LPNA Food Safety and Quality Policies development and maintenance. (10 %)
- Directs the QA team in utilizing appropriate methodology to identify root causes and associated CAPA related to customer concerns and plant identified non-conformances to prevent reoccurrences. (10 %)
- Works & communicates directly with customers to understand their needs & concerns and translates those into improvements at the plant level. (10%)
- Participate in audits (internal, customer, 3rd party) & ensures that all LPNA facilities are audit ready at all times and adhere to an effective sanitation program (10 %)
- Serves as Technical Liason to Operations & Sales Departments. (5 %)
- Works with Engineering, Operations, Product Development to ensure that any process changes in the facilities is documented, robust and will not adversely affect the overall stability and performance of the process or products. (5%)
- Reviews and analyzes data and information to present to the LPNA Senior Management. (5 %)
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
- Ability to lead by influencing.
- Possess a facilitative style of management.
- Productivity/quality standards: new products and packages
- Productivity/quality standards: documentation of process
- Productivity/quality standards: efficiency and reliability
- Cost containment
- Teamwork within the department and across departments
- Project/assignment standards
- Customer satisfaction
- Safety standards and procedures: employees
BS degree in Engineering, Food Engineering, Food Science, Chemistry, any Biological Sciences or related area from an accredited college or university (Master's Degree Preferred) Experience:
15 or more years of relevant work experience with formulated products or related field. Leadership Responsibility
Manages up to 5 employees (directly); up to 90 (indirectly) Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
Skill and ability to:
- Food formulation (E)
- Food design (E)
- Regulatory agencies (E)
- GMP (E)
- Package design and handling (B)
- Attention to details (E)
- Strength of conviction (J)
- HACCP Programs and Food Safety Regulations (E)
- Manufacturing concepts and techniques (J)
- Food Processing concepts and techniques (E)
- Process Recovery concepts and techniques (J)
- CIP Sanitation program (J)
- Food Safety audit concept and techniques (E)
- Quality Systems audit concept and techniques (E)
- PC: word processing/spreadsheet and presentation (PowerPoint) software (J).
- Continuous Improvement Methodology (TPM, 6-Sigma, SPC) (J)
- Analyze and resolve complex problems.
- Knowledge of various machines and equipment.
- Knowledge of process flow interactions.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with internal and external customers verbally and in writing.
- Prepare a variety of comprehensive administrative and technical documents and reports.
- Read and process written information with high degree of accuracy.
- Work effectively in a general business environment, with a focus on high level of quality, ethics and customer service.
- Willingness and ability to travel via airplane and drive automobile.