The Director of Scientific Engagement, GYN/Breast Oncology will engage with the scientific community both internal and external, to develop and lead the strategy and execution in the scientific community of Caris products and solutions establishing Caris as an industry leader and trusted partner for molecular profiling and clinically relevant applications. This individual will be responsible for strategic development and support of the R&D team, MSL team, Caris Molecular Tumor Board, Scientific Advisory Board, Speaker Bureau, KOLs and other key groups. The Director of Scientific Engagement will also represent the commercial function in numerous matrixed internal project teams requiring the unique combination of scientific knowledge, collaborative communication, and commercial skills spanning scientific content development, marketing and commercial strategy.
• Develop full go to market strategy within designated tumor types - with a key focus on scientific and clinical education and engagement
• Establish scientific commercial engagement strategy for Caris portfolio that will drive adoption across customer groups within tumor type specialty.
• Liaise with MSL leadership to support content development and dissemination needs.
• Develop and support the market strategy and adoption of the Molecular Tumor Board offerings within tumor type alignment.
• Identification and development of KOLs to serve on the Caris Speaker Bureau and other strategic projects.
• Training, content development and ongoing strategic management of the Caris Speaker Bureau and speaker content
• Participate and support the Caris Physician Oncology Alliance in the designated tumor type groups
• Enable the commercial team to communicate scientific success with their customers through project case studies and publication highlights
• Provide input into ongoing evidence generation activities to support commercial priorities
• Work cross-functionally to maximize awareness of key publications and clinical relevance
• Coordinate effort to maximize scientific presence at major global and regional conferences
• Coordinate effort to track and plan for scientific initiatives, publications, and abstracts
• Support the development of scientific content for commercial and med affairs activities
• Ph.D. or M.D. in a biological science related to cancer biology, molecular and/or cellular biology, pharmacology or equivalent training and experience required.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in life sciences industry, primarily focused on oncology and/or genomics
• Experience communicating with external and internal influencers to translate key scientific insights into value considerations.
• Built peer-to-peer relationships with national, regional, and local thought leaders and medical providers in the field of Oncology
• Demonstrated success working in matrixed commercial and scientific teams to develop and deliver strategic plan within specified tumor type
• Established track record of communicating scientific publications and presentations across multiple needs/audiences/channels
• Conditions of Employment: Individual must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes criminal background check, drug screening and reference verification. Also, individual must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based jobs, if not currently employed by Caris Life Sciences.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and virtual communication tools. Strong powerpoint skills preferred
Core Skills & Experience:
• Excellent presence, presentation and communication skills; Has the ability to take complex scientific concepts and tailor communication/messaging according to varying audiences
• Demonstrated bias for action and results: takes ownership of important issues, demonstrates persistence in the face of obstacles
• Experience effectively managing stakeholder expectations and tight timelines to generate the highest quality output
• Must be able to work across levels in the organization to drive projects to completion.
• Ability to think creatively and initiate new ideas or solutions to address business issues.
• Drive for Results (Service, Quality, and Continuous Improvement) - Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement
• Teamwork - Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team
• Customer Service Focus - Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then satisfying the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations
• Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-past, competing deadline driven environment with limited supervision
• Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use standard office equipment.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Caris Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.