Reporting to the Vice President of Molecular Science Liaisons, the primary role of the AVP of Molecular Science Liaisons is to establish and lead a team of Directors and Molecular Science Liaisons (MSLs). MSLs are responsible for communicating the value of Caris Molecular Intelligence (CMI) to external clients, such as physicians, scientists and other interested parties. This communication primarily involves face-to-face discussions with customers, including Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in the field of oncology.
• As AVP, this individual would be responsible for management activities such as, but not limited to:
• Day to day team management of the MSL team
• Providing recommendations on national staffing plans
• Creation and coordination of the training and enablement plan to ensure MSLs have the most up-to-date information and education regarding the company's technology
• Tracking of MSLs activities and customer interactions
• As AVP, this individual would perform management duties to ensure that each MSLs could successfully perform the following responsibilities:
• Act as a conduit of information/feedback between the medical community and Caris Life Sciences regarding current products and the needs of the medical community to enhance patient care, new research developments, clinical trial activities and therapeutic approaches.
• Conduct medical and scientific education and support for the field organization in an effort to increase Caris Life Sciences presence and market awareness.
• Present clinical data and educational materials to physician sites and/or conferences within an assigned region or nationally, as required by Sales, Caris Precision Oncology Alliance (POA) Team, and Marketing.
• Attend POA/Commercial pitch meetings and other important relationship development onsite meetings.
• Promote CMI to physician sites across the United States, as required by Sales, POA, and Marketing initiatives.
• Support and present at molecular tumor board meetings.
• Read and understand the scientific and technical literature in order to maintain knowledge of the therapeutic oncology field for customer engagement.
• Assists with other related duties and special projects as required by sales, POA, and marketing.
• Assist in field training contracted speakers as part of the Caris Speaker's Bureau.
• Function as a field trainer of assigned region to provide an extension of our Director of Training.
• Regional speaking engagements (Roundtables, Grand Rounds, Tumor Boards, etc.) with physicians to broaden CMI understanding clinically.
• Attend select regional tradeshows, national tradeshows and participate in sales meetings to present relevant data necessary to promote CMI and educate clients in the marketplace.
• Commercial input/review of marketing material to reflect current molecular landscape.
• Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D., M.D./D.O., PharmD) in a health-related biological science related to pharmacology, oncology, or molecular and cellular biology.
• 3+ years of management experience in Medical Affairs or managing MSLs.
• Conditions of Employment: Individual must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes criminal background check, drug screening and reference verification. Also, individual must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based jobs, if not currently employed by Caris Life Sciences.
• Prior commercial experience in the pharmaceutical or diagnostic industry or other relevant health-related science field preferred.
• Prior field experience working with customers and sales organizations preferred.
Core Skills & Competencies:
• Ability to think creatively and initiate new ideas or solutions to business issues.
• Independence of thought and sound judgment relating to business needs.
• Demonstrated commitment, self-motivation, and drive.
• Experience understanding and applying business principles and market dynamics/insights to support business needs.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills
• Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-past, competing deadline driven environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet for business use.
• Drive for Results (Service, Quality, and Continuous Improvement) - Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
• Communication - Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
• Teamwork - Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
• Customer Service Focus - Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then satisfying the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
• Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and the use of standard office equipment.
• May be required to work holidays/weekends.
• Role will involve frequent travel throughout an assigned geography (up to 80% travel).
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Caris Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.