Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.WHAT YOU'LL DO
OTHER GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead on Front End Planning (FEP) Gate activities for larger aseptic programs in the global Abbott Nutrition network (Americas, Europe, Asia) - determining provisional scope, manufacturability, cost, capital, risk and schedule considerations and work with cross-functional teams for design.
- Support relevant capital FEP programs leading aseptic equipment design activities/deliverables through the FEP process working closely with Regional Engineering, Abbott Nutrition Supply Chain (ANSC) stakeholders and external equipment and A&E firms.
- Evaluate, design and conduct testing to evaluate new technologies, processing equipment changes as part of the technical roadmap for aseptic technology.
- Key contributor to/perform equipment vendor selection and assessments
- Provide input to user requirements, design specifications, process parameters, and FMEA assessments.
- Provide technical support to Abbott Nutrition global production network including existing system issues as well as design improvements/new designs as part of continuous improvement.
- Support development of/develop educational content and key contributor to standards creation and updates pertaining to aseptic equipment systems.
- Provide leadership/support to the Aseptic Community of Practice (CoP), working with plant teams to identify gaps, drive OEE and improvements, and implement replications.
- Interface frequently and effectively with program leadership and key stakeholders.
- Partner with Quality Assurance (QA) to develop and implement technologies that ensure compliance and improve food safety on existing as well as new systems.
- Provide effective communication through verbal and written reports as a technical influencer to Sr. Leadership for business initiatives
- Support multiple, often concurrent, projects and meet assigned deadlines.
- 30-50% travel is expected as part of the role
- Investigates/recommends novel technology and applications; develops, evaluates, implements strategic initiatives, leads projects/programs and technical team to develop significant new products or processes. Benchmarks internally and externally.
- Develops business/financial justification with data based decision making, ability to implement large cost reduction programs.
- Develops and applies advanced theories, methods, and technical judgement to the investigation and solution of complex technical problems.
- Develops processes that lead to shortened cycle time; makes major impact decisions.
- As a technical specialist, is assigned problems which require unique design/research approaches to problems as well as is routinely called on to troubleshoot engineering problems critical to the Division or Corporation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRINGRequired
- Mentors others and is willing to share information and accept candid feedback and guidance.
- Interfaces frequently with inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Prepares written communication. Conveys information effectively through formal and informal documents with team members, designers, technicians, and other technical personnel, both internal and external to Abbott, using appropriate communication protocols; obtains approval to proceed with proposed action plans.
- Establishes networks. Follows through on goals; contributes willingly and incorporates the ideas of others; shares resources, knowledge, and accountability to benefit the objectives of the business.
- Builds relationships. Initiates and cultivates open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others' needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments, e.g. offers assistance; interacts effectively with stakeholders at appropriate levels of the organization
WHAT WE OFFER
- Preferred 10+ years of relevant experience.
- B.S. in Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- A technical background in nutritional and food manufacturing equipment processes with emphasis in industry liquid manufacturing experience
- Experience in liquid capital expansion programs with direct design responsibility
- Familiarity with plant control software, including PLC and SCADA/Delta V systems. Familiarity with 2D and 3D CAD.
- Disciplined and adaptable to work on a variety of projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work on cross functional teams is critical.
- Ability to effectively analyze and summarize process and product information (using statistical methods) to determine solutions to production and quality issues. This would include OSI PI data historical trending, ZPI, and other data gathering/analysis software systems.
- Familiarity with infant formula and food regulations, HACCP/FMEA and GMP standards for quality desired.
- The group supports the supply chain globally so US domestic and potentially international travel is anticipated.
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.