We currently have full-time opportunities for highly motivated individuals to fill the role of Academic Editor
(AE). We are looking for candidates with a strong editing and research background in life sciences fields with clinical applications. Candidates with expertise in cancer biology, immunology, neuroscience, cardiac and cardiovascular systems, mathematical and theoretical biology, medical genetics, nuclear medicine and medical imaging, vaccine development, toxicology, or nutrition are encouraged to apply.
Academic Editors work from wherever is most productive for them on a schedule that suits their lives. Our employees are distributed across the United States, so we're all working together from different locations.
Our Academic Editors have a strong background in academic research and stellar language editing skills. AEs improve the writing in academic manuscripts to a level that is appropriate for peer review. AEs edit in fields related to their expertise, and their work connects directly to our mission of helping researchers succeed.
The AE position is challenging. It entails delivering a high volume of consistently high quality edits (several manuscripts per day, editing at the sentence level), and it requires a combination of strong editing and time management skills as well as expertise in a specific field of study. The work is results oriented and communication is often asynchronous, so written communication skills and a dash of tech savvy are a must.Skills & Requirements
- Advanced degree required; PhD preferred
- Demonstrated ability to edit academic manuscripts in accordance with accepted publication standards
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- High level of self-motivation and personal accountability
- Extremely strong time management skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Flexibility and adaptability in the face of change
- Passionate about helping researchers successfully communicate their work
- Meets workflow-specific quality standards and volume targets
- Edits in line with our scope and service goals
- Meets deadlines
- Communicates with our support, customer service, and editing teams as needed to serve our customers best and in line with team expectations
- Makes our company a better place
- Has sufficient skills and knowledge in the use of computers and associated computer technology to complete role-related tasks
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment
The starting, non-negotiable, annual salary for the AE role is $50,000.Who We Are
Research Square Company exists to make research communication faster, fairer, and more useful. We are a growing team of scientists, researchers, language experts, software developers, and publishing industry veterans working together to find new ways to help researchers succeed.
Headquartered in Durham, North Carolina, Research Square Company consists of two main divisions, American Journal Experts (AJE) and Research Square. Since 2004, AJE has provided manuscript preparation services to hundreds of thousands of researchers helping them to get their work published. Launched in 2018, our platform, Research Square, is the largest multidisciplinary preprint server in the world. By helping researchers communicate their work more effectively, we accelerate the pace of global discovery and advancement.Working At Research Square Company
Our team embraces and fuels change, fights for simplicity, invests in customers success, and applies a data-driven approach to continuously improve and magnify our impact. We have developed tools and services that have been adopted by major international publishers to improve the publishing experience for their authors.
We are a high-growth, family-friendly, and mission-driven company that regularly wins awards for our workplace culture, pace of growth, and innovations. Our organization is casual and flexible while also being stimulating and dynamic. We have a results-focused work environment. Workplace Recognition
- Sloan Award for Workplace Flexibility (2011, 2012)
- When Work Works Award (2014, 2016, 2017)
- NC Parenting Magazines Family Friendly 50 (2013, 2014)
- Triangle Business Journal's Best Places to Work (2017, 2019, 2020)
- NCBC Breastfeeding-Friendly Employer Award (2017)
- Family Forward NC Featured Business (2019)
Research Square Companys policy is to provide equal employment opportunity in all its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, military status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for US-based positions with Research Square must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
Research Square supports individuals with disabilities and provides reasonable accommodations to job applicants. If you need assistance completing our online job application, email Recruitment@researchsquare.com. General inquiries, such as those regarding the status of a job application, will not receive a reply.
Powered by JazzHR