Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.About Abbott
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That's why we're focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We're revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Our location in Alameda, CA currently has an opportunity for a Senior Scientist. This is a great opportunity for someone who is eager to make a positive impact on a rapidly growing organization. WHAT YOU'LL DO
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRINGRequired
- Develop biosensing devices.
- Establish in-vitro test methods for evaluating biosensors.
- Perform in-vitro characterization of different sensor components.
- Analyze data using standard statistical tools.
- Select and evaluate new materials for the development of new biosensing devices.
- Establish product requirements.
- Develop project plans and prepare presentations to senior management.
- Conduct and participate in design reviews.
- Hire and manage junior staff.
- Develop and validate analytical test methods.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Chemistry, chemical engineering, or a relevant physical or life science
- 5-15 years in a relevant industrial or academic setting.
- The number of years experience necessary is related to the degree held (more for a bachelors degree, less for a Ph.D.) and the nature of the experience.
- Laboratory technique consistent with a skilled, experienced professional.
- Capable of literature research and current in the appropriate literature of their field of expertise.
- Able to present orally and in writing at a professional level.
- Able to perform proficiently under up to date regulatory requirements.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Experience with programming tools (Matlab).
- Knowledge of standard statistical methods.
- Experience with biosensor development.
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.