Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott's Heart Failure division, we're advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Staff Engineer/Statistician to provide oversight of the overall development strategy and execution for statistical policies within Abbott's Electrophysiology business unit.
In this exciting role you will develop organizational competency to enable the use of best in class engineering and statistical techniques in product and process development and provide solutions for quality metric design and implementation. The individual will also support product development leaders and professionals Quality, R&D and Process Development through coaching to understand when, where and why engineering excellence and statistical techniques are beneficial. The role will also include participation in process improvement projects for the functional areas participating in product development.WHAT YOU'LL DO
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING Required
- Responsible for the overall development strategy and execution for statistical policies within business unit. - Acts as Abbott statistical representative in meetings with regulatory authorities, advisory boards and key investigators. - Recognize as the statistical leader among team members responsible of creating innovative strategies to enhance development programs. Coaching teams of multiple projects to successful completion.
- Problem Solving: - Identifies issues, problems, or opportunities and creates action plans if needed. - Develops and considers alternatives for action. - Encourages others to generate options for action to address and issue or problem. - Develops and applies decision criteria based on factors affecting customers, employees and the company. - Encourage boundary breaking by challenging colleagues to question established work processes. Influencing change management skills.
- Facilitate, train, coach others on Statistical methodologies including assisting Quality, R&D and Process Development professional to develop efficient designs, protocols and reports per agreed timelines. Mentors individuals to help develop technical skills.
- Subject Matter Expert - Presents statistical concepts and arguments to management, regulatory agencies and scientists. Assist project team on data interpretation, inferences and documentation of statistical results.
- Statistical Data Analysis - Responsible for the development and execution of new statistical techniques within the organization. - Conduct complex data analysis such as Bayesian and Non-Linear Mixed Models.
- A Bachelor's degree in statistics or applicable engineering discipline with Seven (7) plus years of progressively more responsible work experience in quality assurance and design related to medical devices
- Broad cross-disciplinary and in-depth knowledge and experience with industry accepted quality assurance design methodologies and project management tools
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable
- Experience in Data Modelling, Reporting, and Presenting with tools like Azure, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with statistical software like Minitab, or JMP
- Competent in experimental designs, sampling plans, equivalence studies, confidence and reliability testing and statistical analysis for test method evaluation among others.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Experience in DOE/Taguchi Robust Design/Tolerance Allocation/Monte Carlo Modeling and Simulation
- Concept Engineering and Innovation (Technology Roadmaps, TRIZ, convergent engineering, set-based concurrent engineering)
- Advanced technical or marketing degree (M.S./ PhD or MBA)
- Agile, Lean, Six Sigma, Product Development experience
- Medical device or healthcare background
- Knowledge in appropriate statistical software such as JMP or Minitab
- Demonstrated competency in decision making techniques
- Reliability Engineering for New Products
- FDA Design Control Experience
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:?
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.