Antelope Valley College invites applications for our adjunct (Temporary, part-time) faculty applicant pool for the following Nursing Instructor.
* Instruct students in the assigned discipline
* Assignment may include teaching courses during the day, evening, on-line courses and/or off-campus sites
Applicant must meet one of the following:
Minimum Qualifications for Faculty in California Community Colleges: Master's degree in nursing OR Bachelor's degree in nursing AND Master's degree in health education or health science OR the equivalent OR minimum qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing, whichever is higher. (Academic Affairs Division, California Community Colleges)
Antelope Valley College Equivalency: Equivalency not needed, per division faculty.
AND a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (Assembly Bill 1725; Education Code 87360).
* Current California RN License or eligibility for licensure by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
* Must have one year of full-time experience in acute care (hospital) setting within the last 5 years, or must be willing and able to remediate or currently approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing to teach medical-surgical nursing, and one or more of the following: maternity nursing, pediatric nursing, and/or geriatric nursing.
* In addition, successful candidate(s) may be required to remediate to (become approved to teach) other areas of nursing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Antelope Valley College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, or sexual orientation. Upon request, we will consider reasonable accommodations to permit individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment or admission process, (b) perform essential job functions, (c) enjoy benefits and privileges of similarly-situated individuals without disabilities, and (d) participate in instruction, programs, services, activities, or events.
Annual Security Report is provided by Antelope Valley College for prospective students and employees.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS - PLEASE READ
* Each recruitment is conducted independent from others; therefore, interested parties need to submit separate complete application packages for each position they apply.
* It is important the applicants submit ALL documents requested for the application package to be deemed complete and given consideration.
* This includes, but is not limited to, submitting transcripts for all college coursework or degrees when requested to do so within a job announcement.
* All out of the country transcripts must be evaluated prior to submitting them with applications.
* Any evaluation service member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES) http://www.naces.org/ is acceptable.
* If letters of recommendation are required, letters must be current within two years, signed and dated from individuals having knowledge of your professional experience.
* Typing certifications must be current within one year and must include name, date and net words per minute (NWP).
* For those disciplines with established Academic Senate's approved equivalency: complete the Supplemental Equivalence Request form (If applicant is applying based on an equivalency and is requesting review)
* Applicants may be subject to passing an examination (written/technical), as appropriate to the requirements of the position.
* Residency within a reasonable geographical area of the college may be necessary.
* Travel expenses for pre-employment interviews and employment processing will not be authorized.