IGM (Nasdaq: IGMS
) is a biotechnology company pioneering the development of engineered IgM antibodies for the treatment of cancer patients. IgM antibodies have inherent properties that we believe may enable them to improve upon the efficacy and safety of IgG antibodies in multiple therapeutic applications.
We have created a proprietary IgM antibody technology platform that we believe is particularly well suited for developing T cell engagers, receptor cross-linking agonists, and targeted cytokines. Our lead product candidate, IGM-2323, is a bispecific T cell engaging IgM antibody targeting CD20 and CD3, that is currently in Phase 1 clinical trial for the treatment of relapsed/refractory B cell Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL). Our second product candidate is IGM-8444, an IgM antibody targeting Death Receptor 5 (DR5) for the treatment of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies. Also in our product pipeline is IGM-7354, a bispecific IgM antibody delivering interleukin-15 (IL-15) cytokines to PD-L1 expressing cells for the treatment of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies.
We are looking for a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate with a background in Pharmacology, Immuno-oncology, or Immunology to join our growing and friendly team during this exciting time in our expansion. You will play an integral role in the pre-clinical development of novel immuno-oncology therapeutics. In this position, you will perform standard cell-based functional assays and immuno-assays, in vitro and in vivo studies, think laterally to solve problems, constantly improve work practices, and work productively as part of a team.Responsibilities
- Conduct pharmacokinetics and bio-distribution studies of therapeutic antibodies in collaboration with the Discovery and I/O groups
- Perform ELISAs and other immunoassays for measurement of antibodies, cytokines/analytes
- Entail scheduling and coordinating rodent PK studies
- Execute cell-based functional assays
- Communicate own work effectively orally and in writing; present data in group meetings.
- Thoroughly and accurately document experimental activities in laboratory notebooks.
- Two (2) years of relevant industry experience with biologics
- Experience with ELISA and/or multiplex immunoassays with strong analytical skills
- Experience with cell-based assays, flow cytometry, and protein assays such as gel electrophoresis
- Proficient with basic computer programs routinely used in a lab such as MS Word, Excel,
- PowerPoint and Prism
- Highly organized with reliable time-keeping skills and able to maintain a detailed and well-organized notebook
- Must have strong communication skills and be a team player and respectful of others
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Experience with therapeutic antibodies is a plus
- BS or MS in Pharmacology, Immunology, Cell Biology or related scientific discipline
We offer a fast-paced, collaborative, team-based, and family-like work environment. One of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families. To achieve this goal, we are offering robust and comprehensive benefits with a variety of options:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. The full premium amount for our employees and their dependents is covered by IGM
- STD, LTD, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off, 5 sick days per year, 10 holidays
- Cell phone & internet subsidy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Annual training budget for professional development
- Commuter Benefit
- Annual bonus program
- New hire stock options
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.