"Our mission is to deliver an exceptional student experience by providing superior programs and services that are relevant and result in meaningful learning."
National University is San Diego's largest private nonprofit university. We are proud to provide high quality higher education to our diverse student population from across the United States, and in multiple countries. As an institution, we value accessibility and provide our students and faculty the opportunity to thrive in a dynamic and exciting work environment. In 2010, National University was named a Great College to Work For in a survey by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Adjunct Instructor to join our highly engaged faculty in the Department of Nursing, bachelor's degree program. In this role, the successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses to students seeking to gain theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the areas of general nursing and:
- Psych-Mental Health
- Obstetric Nursing/Maternal Child Health
As an integral and vital part of our teaching staff, the successful candidate will provide students with unique and valuable perspectives by helping them to develop critical thinking, communication, and therapeutic nursing skills within the framework of transcultural nursing.Note: We are looking for adjunct faculty that can teach on-site classes at the San Diego, Los Angeles, or Fresno campuses. The Adjunct Faculty may also provide clinical instruction at various clinical sites in the San Diego, Los Angeles, or Fresno area.Essential Job Duties:
- Efficiently deliver didactic and/or clinical instruction to students
- Plan and deliver an effective classroom experience, in a variety of settings, that promotes learning of course/program learning objectives
- Effectively engage students, utilizing a variety of teaching methods
- Evaluate students in classroom and clinical settings utilizing effective educational methods and tools
- Grading assignment and responding to student inquiries within 48 hours of assignment submission
- Providing timely feedback to students' questions and concerns
- Communicate effectively with students, staff and faculty, both verbally and through written communication
- Focus on student-centered learning in all aspects of curriculum
- Master's degree in Nursing from a nationally nursing accredited and regionally accredited institution
- At least one year of continuous clinical bedside nursing experience in an acute care setting (Med-Surg, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Psych-Mental Health, OB) within the last 5 years , or at least one year of clinical teaching experience within the last 5 years
- Must have a current and unencumbered CA Registered Nursing license
- Must reside and be eligible to work in the United States
Materials needed for submission:
- A Ph.D. in Nursing or DNP from a nationally nursing accredited or regionally accredited university
- One year of teaching experience in a Nursing program
- Previous experience teaching adult learners onsite, online, or hybrid
Physical Demands / Environment
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover letter highly preferred
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be required to submit translation/degree evaluation from our approved agencies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and walk for extended periods of time. The employee is periodically required to stoop, crouch, balance, kneel, and reach. The employee must be able to push, pull and/or lift up to 20 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds frequently. Manual dexterity and fine motor skills of the hands and fingers is required. The employee is regularly required to use speech, hearing, and vision for close acuity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local laws.
At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and creative people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.