WVNCC seeks individuals to fill temporary, part-time adjunct faculty positions throughout our academic areas on a course-by-course basis.
In an effort to maintain a pool of potential, qualified candidate's adjunct faculty candidates, WVNCC welcomes interested individuals to apply.
This pool will be accessed ONLY when an opening arises and is based on enrollment. Your credentials will remain active as long as the pool position is available but no more than a year (12-months).
WVNCC utilizes adjunct faculty during both the day and evening hours on our campuses (Wheeling, New Martinsville, and Weirton), and as remote (online) instructors, depending on the instructional needs of the College.
Compensation for adjunct faculty is based on our current adjunct faculty per load hour or equivalent rate, with load hours not normally exceeding 9 hours per semester or 18 hours per academic year, excluding summer sessions.
Adjunct faculty are eligible to receive reappointment; however, no number of appointments shall create any presumption of a right to reappointment or designation as tenured or full-time faculty.
Adjunct faculty provide:
* Instruction and
* Student support to our students.
Adjunct faculty have instructional responsibilities consistent with the laws, rules, and procedures which guide all College faculty.
Quality Matters training is preferred or the applicant must be willing to complete the training during the first semester of teaching an online course.
Clear, legible copies of your post-high school educational transcript(s), professional licenses, certifications, and/or applicable training records MUST be uploaded with your application or mailed to the WVNCC HR OFFICE prior to being considered for an adjunct position. Unofficial transcripts are accepted with application. Upon hire, you MUST provide an official transcript within 30 days of start date.
No application will be considered until said documents are received.
If you are committed to providing higher education empowering individuals to achieve academic and career goals leading to a competent workforce, we invite you to submit your application to be included in our adjunct faculty applicant pool. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The review of applications is ongoing.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to: All adjunct faculty members are responsible for adhering to the following guidelines. The guidelines are used, in part by WVNCC to evaluate all adjunct faculty.
WVNCC adjunct instructors are required to:
* Follow the rules and regulations of the College.
* Promptly fill out and return any mandatory college forms.
* Complete administrative responsibilities by activating and using the WVNCC adjunct email account for institutional correspondence with staff and students (no personal or otherwise external email account).
* Use Northern on the Web (NOW) for the following: reporting first week's attendance and final grades within established institutional procedures and deadlines, student contact information, and other related processes.
* Use the College approved course syllabus incorporating all elements of the master course guide, and consistent with catalog description, student needs, and other institutional guidelines.
* Post the course syllabus in Blackboard before the first class meeting or the first day of the semester for online sections.
* Submit a copy of the syllabus 48 hours before the class begins to the designated email address.
* Plan and implement strategies and activities to accomplish course objectives/outcomes
* Clearly explain assignments, expectations, attendance policy, grading policy, evaluation methods, and class procedures to students.
* Evaluate students on the basis of their achievements toward these objectives/outcomes
* Post grades in Blackboard meeting all required deadlines.
* Advise and assist students in matters related to course work outside the classroom.
* Utilize early warning systems for students who are not making satisfactory progress and/or refer students who may need support to the Academic Success Center (ASC).
* Meet each class during the scheduled hours in campus based classes OR participate in teaching and learning activities several times a week in online classes.
* Ensure that class is held the required number of hours scheduled during the term.
* Make arrangements for equipment and supplies, field trips, or other special activities needed for a course.
* Complete and submit all program and course assessment practices and instruments as requested.
* Understand and use technology that will enhance the teaching/learning in the classroom.
* Respond to academic appeals.
Online Course Instructional Duties: All adjunct faculty members assigned to teach online courses are responsible for adhering to the following guidelines. These guidelines are used by WVNCC to evaluate all online faculty.
In addition to the requirements for all Adjunct instructors, WVNCC online adjunct faculty are required to:
* Use assigned WVNCC email for all communication with students, other faculty, or staff (no personal or otherwise external email account).
* Actively engage with students at least weekly in discussion board(s) or Big Blue Button sessions when applicable.
* Respond to all emails from students within 48 to 72 hours (3 business days maximum).
* Post a detailed syllabus in the class using the standard template and location in the course.
* Post grades for all gradable items in the grade book within 1 week of the due date. The exception to the 1 week return policy should be due to major assignments that take longer to grade and must be noted in the syllabus.
Qualifications and Requirements: 2 years clinical experience in the discipline, required minimum
ARRT Certification, WV &/or OH State License, required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities; Additional Information: Professional Development
At a minimum, all part-time adjunct faculty are expected to:
* Keep up-to-date with information and practices in the discipline in which they teach.
* Keep up-to-date with practices of the teaching profession.
* Maintain currency in the use of communications and instructional technologies which will provide students with skills needed for the global workplace.
* Participate in and utilize College provided workshops, materials, and/or online tutorials designed to assist faculty.
Like all faculty, adjunct faculty represent the College to students and others. At a minimum, adjunct faculty are expected to:
* Understand and interpret the mission and vision of the College.
* Understand and interpret the academic and student policies relevant to the courses they teach.
* Know what academic support services are available and to utilize and refer students appropriately for that support.
Fulfill the pledge to students regarding excellence in teaching and learning and maintain and uphold academic integrity and the College's work ethic in all aspects of their work.