At Alamar Biosciences, we're on a mission to transform the field of proteomics for the early detection of cancer and other diseases. We are creating the world's most sensitive proteomics platform to unmask the deepest secrets of our proteome. Our fully automated, high throughput platform will empower new biomarker discoveries for early detection and prevention of common diseases. We provide exceptional opportunities for those who have the entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy developing novel technologies and products, and aspire to grow together with the company.
We are seeking a Scientist - Antibody Engineering
, with a passion for innovation to join our antibody engineering team working on innovative approaches to develop antibodies for the early-stage detection and treatment of cancer. The successful candidate will work on both phage and yeast display platform to discover high-affinity antibody pairs against various diagnostic and therapeutic targets. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects, and will be a part of a rapidly growing company to make a big impact in life science research and early disease diagnosis.Primary Responsibilities include:
- Lead the generation of antibodies by phage and yeast display to meet therapeutic and diagnostic requirements
- Use structure and sequence guided approaches to develop phage or yeast displayed antibody libraries
- Implement high-throughput workflows to characterize affinity, specificity, and epitopes of engineered antibodies through in vitro biochemical assays, including ELISA, FACS, and SPR
- Independently perform DNA sequencing by NGS and analyze sequencing data to devise the next steps
- Evaluate and assess new technologies and processes that could improve and streamline the discovery workflow
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Protein Engineering or related field; or M.S. with 3+ years of industry experience in Antibody Engineering
- Hands-on experience in various molecular biology techniques, including PCR, molecular cloning, DNA gel extraction, bacterial transformation, and NGS sample preparation
- Extensive experience in screening and assessing antibodies by ELISA, FACS, and SPR
- Strong understanding of phage and/or yeast display is preferred
- Experience with robotic liquid handling systems
- Experience in expressing antibodies from bacterial, yeast, or mammalian systems is a plus
We offer a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including daily lunch, health, dental, vision, life insurance, a flexible spending plan, paid vacation, stock options and a 401(k) plan.
Alamar Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer.