The successful candidate for the Associate Scientist position will become an integral member of the research and development team, with responsibility for generating cell lines and developing cell-based assays using various technologies, including Eurofins DiscoverX's Enzyme Fragment Complementation (EFC).Essential Functions
- Routine cell culture and stable pool and clone development of engineered cells.
- Characterization of engineered cell lines using molecular, biochemical, and cell biology techniques, including flow cytometry, qPCR, Western blotting, immunofluorescence, EFC or other functional readouts.
- Perform required experiments to optimize and validate diverse cell-based assays intended for sale in our product portfolio or as custom projects for clients with minimal guidance from supervisor.
- Testing of cell-based assays using Eurofins DiscoverX technology platforms with client molecules and record results in company database.
- Accurate preparation and presentation of experimental data at group laboratory meetings.
- Work diligently to meet product development goals set by management team.
- Quality and timely data delivery for external and internal customers.
- Provide support functions to the R&D team such as ordering and maintenance of reagents/supplies/equipment, maintaining accurate notes and records, and effective communication.
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner and adheres to site environmental health and safety (EHS) requirements
- Performs all duties in compliance with all company procedures and regulations
- Demonstrate and promote the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
Preferred Education And Experience
- B.S. or M.S. in cell biology, biochemistry, immunology or related discipline.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture (preferably with both adherent and suspension cells).
- Ability to perform experiments and analyze resulting data, with minimal guidance from supervisor. Shows some ability to troubleshoot existing protocols.
- Data assembly and analysis in GraphPad Prism, MicroSoft Excel and Powerpoint for presentation to supervisor and peers.
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Local Candidates Preferred
- Experience working in a commercially-focused lab environment and a minimum of 0-2 years of industrial experience.
- Proficiency with cell-based assays.
- Hands-on experience with flow cytometry methods and analysis, and FACS.
- Previous work with immune cells in culture is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, efficiently and productively in a fast-paced highly collaborative team environment
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with excellent problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays