This team is looking for a Formulation Scientist to provide support in this lab-based role. The main focus of the position will be project work to support sterile product development. Provide formulation composition and process development project support for the design, preparation, testing, and documentation of formulation composition and process definition. This role will provide the opportunity to work with inhaled, oral, solid and liquid drugs formulations.
In addition, the resource will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing common vehicles and reagents
- Measuring solubility in buffers, bio-relevant medium & organic solvents
- Preparing formulations or conduct other processing steps under aseptic conditions
- Executing formulation development experiments, including processing support for solution, lyophilized and particulate based formulations or other preparation techniques as required.
- Preparing formulations under aseptic and GLP conditions
- Performing Cell culturing
- Executing experiments and data analysis
- Performing basic analysis, including pH, osmolality, particle size measurements and HPLC
- Keeping clear and accurate laboratory records
- Supporting the maintenance of the laboratory working environment
- Working safely complying with all safety policies
- Working as part of a team on complex formulation development projects
- Interfacing with operations personnel, management, and other scientific professionals
- Testing samples for stability and end use studies (thawing, mixing, pumping, filtration, lyophilization)
- Supporting multiple projects
Additional InformationWhat We Offer
- Education: BS or MS degree or equivalent in Pharmaceutical Sciences, biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or a related field is required.
- Excellent laboratory skills in biologics and sterile formulation and process development or a related field are critical.
- Scientific (physical sciences) background, experience with lab work and translatable chemistry experience.
- 3-5 Years of pharmaceutical industry experience and process development required.
- Can have experience with other oral formulation or cosmetics as well as experience with formulations at other Large pharma.
- Experience with process development including mixing, pumping and lyophilization studies are also a plus.
- Experience with basic office applications in addition to use of an electronic notebook, use of lab instruments, filtration, pipetting and record keeping
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients' site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client's quality systems and equipment.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.Position is full-time, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with overtime and weekends as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Kenilworth, NJ are encouraged to apply.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.