IGM (Nasdaq: IGMS
) is a biotechnology company pioneering the development of engineered IgM antibodies for the treatment of cancer patients. IgM antibodies have inherent properties that we believe may enable them to improve upon the efficacy and safety of IgG antibodies in multiple therapeutic applications.
We have created a proprietary IgM antibody technology platform that we believe is particularly well suited for developing T cell engagers, receptor cross-linking agonists, and targeted cytokines. Our lead product candidate, IGM-2323, is a bispecific T cell engaging IgM antibody targeting CD20 and CD3, that is currently in Phase 1 clinical trial for the treatment of relapsed/refractory B cell Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL). Our second product candidate is IGM-8444, an IgM antibody targeting Death Receptor 5 (DR5) for the treatment of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies. Also in our product pipeline is IGM-7354, a bispecific IgM antibody delivering interleukin-15 (IL-15) cytokines to PD-L1 expressing cells for the treatment of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies.
We are seeking a capable and driven Senior Research Associate with a background in Immunology or Immunology-Oncology to join our growing Pharmacodynamics and Biomarkers group. The candidate will play an integral role in the preclinical development of novel antibody-based therapeutics in a variety of disease areas and at various stages of development. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in standard cell-based in vitro immuno-assays, isolation and culture of primary cells, multi-dimensional flow cytometry, and common molecular techniques. Having experience with the phenotypic and functional characterization of clinical samples is a plus. The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional, and highly collaborative team environment.Responsibilities:
- Independently designs experiment and executes experiments that support preclinical research activities and project goals.
- Technical expertise in cell-based in vitro assays using primary cells (including human, mouse, and non-human primate), and cell culture of mammalian cell lines.
- Assays will involve multi-dimensional flow cytometry and Luminex/MSD readout so experience with this software is desired.
- Perform ELISAs and other biochemical assays (i.e. Western Blot).
- Proactively troubleshoots technical issues recommends alternative/new methods and techniques based on literature searches, and seeks out others to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Thoroughly and accurately documents experimental activities in laboratory e-notebooks, analyzes data and interprets outcomes, and effectively communicates results with the team.
- Assist in drafting proposals, technical reports, and publications.
- Strong scientific knowledge and research experience in Immunology, Immuno-oncology, or Cell Biology.
- Demonstrated independence in experimental design, execution, data analyses, and troubleshooting.
- Broad experience in cell-based assays such as multi-color flow cytometry (8+ colors), multiplex cytokine analysis (Luminex/MSD, ELISAs), and primary cell isolation and cell culture.
- Experience with the phenotypic and functional characterization of clinical samples is a plus.
- Experience in evaluating T cell engagers and other antibody therapeutics is a plus.
- Proficient with basic computer programs routinely used in a lab such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo.
- Proven ability to thrive in a goal-oriented environment and manage time effectively to reach milestones.
- Must be a team player, respectful of others, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of relevant industry or academic experience or MS degree with 1+ years of relevant industry or academic experience.
- Able to commute to Mountain View.
We offer a fast-paced, collaborative, team-based, and family-like work environment. One of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families. To achieve this goal, we are offering robust and comprehensive benefits with a variety of options:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. The full premium amount for our employees and their dependents is covered by IGM
- STD, LTD, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off, 5 sick days per year, 10 holidays
- Cell phone & internet subsidy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Annual training budget for professional development
- Commuter Benefit
- Annual bonus program
- New hire stock options
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.