Precision is seeking a talented Principal Data Scientist, to provide scientific expertise and leadership in using advanced computational methods enabling immunology research, optimization of their proprietary platform, and supporting immune-oncology clinical trials.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to work within a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment to drive data analysis, development, and prototyping of innovative computational tools that support research and clinical initiatives.Responsibilities
- Work within an interdisciplinary team of molecular biologists, cellular biologists, data scientists, statisticians, and software engineers to support utilization and optimization of the discovery platform
- Develop and prototype methods and analytical tools to deliver insights and hypotheses from multi-dimensional biological data sets
- Lead and manage a small team with the goal of providing bioinformatics support to research teams as well as innovate, test and prototype data analysis methods
- Process, analyze, and interpret high volumes of cellular profiling data as part of internal and external scientific studies
- Integrate innovative analysis and visualization tools for omics data sets, in the context of studies of cancer-patient samples
- Present scientific and technical data to both internal and external scientific colleagues in a clear and cohesive manner
- Work independently and prepare timetables, deliverables, and project schedules
- Experience in cancer, immunology research is required
- Strong scientific understanding of cellular biology, molecular biology including experience with transcriptomics and cellular profiling data
- Experience in the application of statistical techniques to biological data, experience in exploratory analysis
- Demonstrated expertise in genomic data analysis
- In-depth knowledge of relevant public and proprietary databases, methods, and tools (NCBI, UCSC Genome Browser, TCGA)
- Demonstrated expertise in delivering insights and hypotheses from complex multi-dimensional biological data in a biomedical context.
- Strong programming skills in Python and R. Working knowledge of databases solutions such as SQL.
- Ability to present data to a multidisciplinary audience in a clear and cohesive manner
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or other related fields
- 2+ years of relevant post-graduate research experience, including biotech/pharma experience
- 6+ Month Contract
- ASAP Start