Eurofins BPT-Columbia is looking for a Staff Scientist
to join our Biologics Raw Materials team located in Columbia, Missouri. The Staff Scientist position is an advanced level professional position involved in planning own work and supervising the day-to-day activities in a laboratory setting under prescribed processes (protocols, standard operating procedures, methods, etc.).
The Ideal Candidate Would Possess
- Completes work for research and development under CGMP and/or GLP guidelines for studies, documentation, etc.
- Conducts and monitors studies to ensure data accuracy and report quality.
- Writes reports on studies.
- Provides complex analytical work on projects and studies using a range of analytical techniques and instruments.
- Works with independence on studies and assignments.
- Typically serves as technical leader within a group or team and may serve as project leader/study director on assigned projects.
- Experience in bioassays; including cell-based assays, ELISAs, electrophoresis, Western Blot, PCR, and enzymatic detection assays.
- Strong background in cell and molecular biology.
- Experience with GLP and/or GMP.
- Experience with LIMS system desirable.
- Experience training new team members.
- Familiarity and/or experience in a laboratory setting is required.
- A highly motivated staff member that is willing to work on a team, and willing to work with others to teach and learn new skills.
- Good organizational skills - ability to follow direction and good communication skills are required.
- Experience in participating in validation activities and understanding validation components.
- Good documentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or other directly related field or degree with comparable coursework in the above areas and a minimum of five years of experience in a directly relevant setting.
- Master's degree in a relevant field and three years of directly relevant experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree and experience.
- PhD in a relevant field may be substituted for bachelor's degree and experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Columbia, MO are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and PTO, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.