The City of Riverside is accepting applications for the position ofINSTRUCTORto fillfour (4) vacanciesin theParks, Recreation & Community Services Department.The eligibility list established may be used to fill the current and/or upcoming vacancies within this classification for up to six (6) months.
The City of Riverside Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department is a nationally recognized and award-winning Department that provides innovative recreational experiences and social enrichment opportunities to address the changing needs for people of all ages and cultures, in a variety of safe and attractive parks, trails, landscapes, and facilities.
These are exciting opportunities for engaging and energetic individuals who can instruct classes in one of the following areas:
- Time for Tots
- Riverside Arts Academy - Theater Arts and Art Instructor
Instructors, under general direction, provide specialized recreation and/or education programs at various locations throughout the City. This is a broad class designed to cover several diverse areas of expertise that will allow the City to hire individuals with the skills and knowledge appropriate to the planned activity.
Duties may include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Teaching specialized arts and crafts programs
- Instruction in various sports skills
- Teaching appropriate social skills
- Instruction in lifesaving skills
Education and Experience:
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Certification or registration may be required for some programs.
1) For Ballet Instructor:
- Experience in instructing ballet classes
- 2+ years of experience in instructing ballet to a group of 5 or more individuals
- 2+ years of experience in the creation and instruction of ballet curriculum for a group of 5 or more youth
2) For Riverside Arts Academy positions (Art Instructor):
- Experience in visual and graphic arts, including animation, caricature, art history, and various paint styles
- 1+ years of experience in instructing art or craft classes to a group of 5 or more individuals in a learning environment
3) For Riverside Arts Academy positions (Theater Arts Instructor):
- Experience in instructing, singing, acting and or basic dance
- 2+ years of experience in instructing musical theater to a group of 5 or more individuals
- 2+ years of experience in the creation and instruction of music curriculum to a group of 5 or more youth
4) For Marketing:
- Experience with Creative Cloud applications
- Basic design principles and a good understanding of branding and brand integration across different channels.
- Knowledgeable in layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print and web
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1)Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are selected to move forward in the assessment process, you may be required to self-schedule your appointment. You will be notified via email of your status and provided with self-scheduling instructions. Please check your email regularly following the closing date of this recruitment.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process.This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Those who successfully complete the selection process will be placed on the eligibility list for this classification.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation prior to the closing date of this recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background investigation, medical/physical examination, drug and alcohol test.
NOTE: The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. Candidates may reapply when there is a posting to establish an eligibility list.
All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
THE PROVISIONS OF THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CONTRACT.