Eurofins Beacon Discovery provides integrated drug discovery support to both pharma and biotech partners. The Beacon team has >20 years of drug discovery experience, moving targets all the way from initial concept to clinical candidate. Assay development, high throughput screening, medicinal and computational chemistry design, cell biology and pharmacology are all performed on-site. Beacon Discovery is searching for a Research Associate to support cell-based assays as part of integrated drug discovery programs. The position provides an outstanding opportunity to learn new techniques and develop new skills within a dynamic research team. Laboratory experience in areas such as mammalian cell culture, cell-based or ELISA assays, dose-response experiments would be advantageous but is not necessary. Extensive training will be provided.
* Culture mammalian cell lines using aseptic techniques and perform cell characterization using cell counting and flow cytometry
* Assist in developing new cell lines and cell-based assays
* Perform cell-based, functional assays, using basic laboratory automation/robotics to guide medicinal chemistry efforts
* Add experimental data to an online database and perform basic data QC
* Work efficiently in collaboration with others
* Document work clearly and perform tests accurately
* Work effectively in a team setting
* Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related discipline
* Must be detailed-orientated and consistent in experimental approach.
* Must be team-oriented and accustomed to working with other scientists.
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of San Diego, CA are encouraged to apply.
* Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
* Life and disability insurance
* 401(k) with company match
* Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.