Job Posting Title - Full time Tenure-track 9-month Faculty appointment (2 positions)
The Department of Scientific Computing at Florida State University invites applications for two tenure-track Assistant Professors for nine-month appointments beginning August 2022. Academic year requirements include teaching, research, and service.
ResponsibilitiesThe successful candidate is expected to develop an interdisciplinary research group in data science, secure external funding, participate and organize scientific initiatives and consortia, and develop and teach new courses in data science and scientific computing. The candidate will help support, develop, and grow the new Interdisciplinary Data Science Master's Degree Program at Florida State University.
Required QualificationsThe successful candidate will have earned a Doctoral degree or the highest degree appropriate from an accredited institution in the fields of Computational Science, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Statistics, or related field with a demonstrated record of achievement in teaching, academic research, and service. The candidate should possess the knowledge necessary to develop and teach courses among the areas of probabilistic modeling, data mining, applied machine learning, neural differential equations, and cloud computing.
Strongly Preferred QualificationsThe candidate will have demonstrated a record of applied interdisciplinary research in data science and scientific computing. The candidate should have expertise in some combination of the following: machine learning, differential equations, artificial intelligence, probabilistic and graph modeling, and computer visualization across scales.
- About Florida State University (https://www.fsu.edu/about/)
- Interdisciplinary Data Science Program (https://ids.fsu.edu)
- Department of Scientific Computing (https://sc.fsu.edu)
How to Apply
- If qualified and interested, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu, Job Opening ID 49792. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
- Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include education details even if attaching a Vita.
- Please submit your cover letter, CV, statements of teaching, research and service.
- Screening of applications will begin on November 1, 2021. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- This position requires that you have four confidential professional letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf. At least one of these letters should address your teaching experience. Follow the steps below to request these letters through our system:
After submitting your application, click the Careers link;
- Click the My References link;
- Click the Send/View Reference Request button next to the appropriate position; and
- Follow the steps on that page to send your references a system generated email requesting they submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
You may also return to the My References link and click on "Send/View Reference Request" to see if your references have responded, add additional references, or resend requests.
ContactDr. Anke Meyer-Baese
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
YourMembership. Keywords: Assistant Professor, Location: Tallahassee, FL - 32306