Academic Radiologist -Breast Imaging
The University of Missouri's School of Medicine, Department of Radiology, is searching for a fellowship-trained breast imaging radiologist to join our team. Our unique academic environment for seasoned candidates, as well as those just getting started, post-fellowship. About MU Breast Imaging
The breast imaging radiology reading room is embedded in the Breast Surgery Clinic in the Ellis Fischel Cancer Center, which is part of the main University of Missouri Hospital. Breast Imaging faculty work closely with academic and highly subspecialized Breast Surgeons as well as other physicians in the University and the community. The breast imagers attend the weekly Breast Cancer Tumor board and are involved in the leadership of the Ellis Fischel Cancer Center.
- Number of available positions: 2
- Join a department of 26 radiologists, 2 of which specialize in Breast Imaging/Mammo
- Responsibilities are:
- ~80% clinical
- ~5% Teaching/education
- ~15% Administration
- Equipment in the Breast Imaging Center includes Hologic Dimensions mammography units with tomosynthesis, Hologic Affirm Prone Stereotactic Biopsy unit, two US rooms, and SonoCine. A 3T MRI is adjacent to the Breast Imaging Center with breast coil and biopsy capabilities. We have a mobile mammography van to serve the outlying communities in mid-Missouri.
- We offer opportunities to assist in the department's growth, the education of students, residents, and fellows across eight radiology fellowship programs, including a Breast Imaging radiology fellowship, as well as research and scholarly activities.
- All ranks available; non-tenure-track
- Board-certified or board-eligible in radiology and fellowship-trained in Breast Imaging/Mammography radiology.
- For the purposes of this application, board-certified/board-eligible physicians are considered experienced.
MU is a level 1 Trauma center serving a wide catchment area in central Missouri. Approximately 300,000 exams are performed each year serving the University Hospital & Clinics, Ellis Fischel Cancer Center, and Women's & Children's Hospital, and an imaging center.
The University of Missouri, located in Columbia, has an average enrollment of 35,000 students and is Missouri's largest public research university. Mizzou is also the flagship campus of the four-campus University of Missouri System and one of only five universities nationwide with law, medicine, veterinary medicine, and a nuclear research reactor on one campus. A member of the prestigious Association of American Universities since 1908, Mizzou is considered one of the nation's top-tier institutions.
With a population of about 125,000, Columbia is rated by Forbes magazine as the fifth best small city for business and careers in America. In addition, it is consistently rated a top place to live by Money Magazine, boasting a low cost of living, a vibrant community, and nationally renowned public schools. Columbia is an ideal college town that combines small-town comforts, and community spirit, with big-city culture, activities, and resources. Our community is energetic and engaged, packed with restaurants and entertainment venues, and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefit
package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at U.M. System Total Rewards Benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff, and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery, and excellence.
To request ADA accommodations, please call Human Resource Services at 573-882-7976. TTY users, please contact Relay Missouri, 1-800-RELAY (735-2966) or en Español at 1-800-520-7309.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations, or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice-Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), please use the following links:
- EEO is the Law English Version
- EEO is the Law Spanish Version
- EEO is the Law Chinese Version
YourMembership. Keywords: Surgeon, Location: Columbia, MO - 65212