Job Title: Scientist IIIRequisition ID: 149809BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Location and Division Specifics
Frederick, MarylandHow will you make impact?
You will join a team of scientists engaged in the development and commercialization of advanced cell culture systems, with an emphasis on stem cells (SC), differentiated cells and primary cells.
Specifically, you will be leading product development focusing on short-term (Shipment) and long-term (Cryopreservation) preservation and recovery of adherent and suspension form of these cell populations. This includes innovative design of products, assay development to examine product performance, transfer manufacturing processes and testing methods.What will you do?
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual. Ideal candidate should have strong background and an understanding in Cryobiology to provide technical support and to conduct all activities related to product and process development independently. Key activities include the ability to design, execute, and interpret experiments to develop and support product.
- Identify material to develop new product or improvement opportunities for existing solution
- Conduct research experiment to optimize conditions or troubleshoot product design and formulation
- Develop or optimize various assays to quantify cellular responses
- Incorporate statistical modeling to design experiment and analyze data
- Effectively communicate data and summaries in the formal reports, presentations
- Work with Core Team to launch product through product commercialization process
- Consult and transfer manufacturing process of developed product to Operation
- Work with QC to develop and transfer assay to control the quality of the product
- Mentor and guide junior Scientists to support professional training and scientific knowledge.
- Due to the nature of projects, some weekend work will be required in order to maintain these cultures and experimental or project timelines.
YourMembership. , Location: Frederick, MD - 21704