Decipher Biosciences, a subsidiary of Veracyte, Inc., is a dynamic entrepreneurial startup molecular diagnostics company focused on cancer genomics. Whether on the phone with patients, or in the cloud with big data, our innovators are working hard to give back to the patient what cancer takes away: information for life.
The Research Associate I will support the Assay Development team at Decipher Biosciences; assisting in research, development, and optimization of genomic assays, and supporting general laboratory maintenance and document control. Other responsibilities might be applied as needed.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform genomic assays, following written protocols and established standard operating procedures
- Work independently or with minimal supervision to execute experiments designed by senior lab personnel
- Support development and validation of new methods and optimization of processes
- Assist with troubleshooting of methods
- Maintain accurate and complete records
- Prepare and update documentation as needed (SOP, etc.)
- Perform general lab duties such as maintenance of lab equipment
- Be compliant with company policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.Sci. in biological sciences (or related field)
- 1-2 years of work experience in Academic, Biotech or Pharma laboratory settings; experience in a GLP or CAP/CLIA laboratory is a plus
- Experience with molecular diagnostic laboratory procedures such as nucleic acid extractions and Next-Generation Sequencing
- Ability to budget time, organize, and manage multiple tasks at once
- Familiar with laboratory safety procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong computer skills across diverse platforms
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and adopt new methods
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs
- Repetitive movement of fingers (typing and/or writing)
- Sitting, with occasional walking, standing, stooping and moving about
- Exposure to general office environment conditions
- Talking and hearing
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Powered by JazzHR