This individual will assist with all aspects of Sample Science, Technologies, and Logistics (SSTL), which include:
Additional Duties Are As Follows
- Generation of labels and/or labeled tubes to support In vivo studies
- Receiving and storing samples from In vivo studies
- Checking out and delivering samples to bioanalysts for analysis
- Receiving and checking in samples from bioanalysts for long-term archiving
- Discarding samples that have reached their retention time limit
- Processing biospecimens, including centrifugation and aliquoting of samples
- Performing all the above functions utilizing ThermoFisher Watson LIMS or other tracking system
- Performing all the above functions under both GLP/GCP and non GLP/GCP conditions
- Processing biospecimens
- Creating sample manifests
- Assembling study kits
This role requires interactions with multiple individuals and project teams, so this individual must have good organizational and interpersonal skills and be flexible to adjust to changing needs. The workload will fluctuate so the individual must be able to prioritize and handle a high volume of tasks and also have a keen eye for detail, an ability to learn new systems, and skills with resolving issues.
- Supporting colleagues in a variety of study activities related to sample collection and tracking. Multi-tasking and time management are important attributes needed for success in this position.
- Learning and using automation for labeling tubes and sorting samples
- Interfacing with project teams to understand SSTL needs
- Organizing and planning SSTL activities to support varying and changing timelines from multiple studies
- B.S or Associates degree in Biology or related field, or equivalent experience in industry-based research
- Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal skills
- Ability and comfort with learning/using lab automation and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
- Basic to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Advantageous skills include familiarity with ThermoFisher Watson LIMS as well as previous experience in a role that required inventory management and/or biospecimen processing under both GLP/GCP and non-GLP/GCP conditions.
Position is full-time, Wednesday - Friday from 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM, with varying weekend hours starting as early as 5:00 AM. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Kalamazoo, MI are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays