With over 30 years of experience in the crop protection industry, Eurofins Agroscience Services offers outstanding technical knowledge and project management skills. By acquiring a carefully selected range of CRO's, Eurofins Agroscience Services has created a unique portfolio of expertise that provides analytical, regulatory, and field support to plant breeders, agrochemical, biopesticide, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is searching for a Microbiologist to work in Easton, MD.Microbiologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs routine and non-routine collection and/or testing of media, final product, validation-related, and critical samples according to SOPs.
- Receives, quarantines, and stores purchased microbiological media pending laboratory release.
- Monitors bio hazardous waste and coordinates its removal with qualified safety personnel.
- Isolate and maintain cultures of bacteria or other microorganisms for study
- Identify and classify microorganisms found in specimens collected from plants, animals, or the environment
- Examine physiological, morphological, and cultural characteristics, using microscope (or other techniques), to identify and classify microorganisms in water, media and food specimens.
- Supports testing of a variety of agrochemical, pharmaceutical, raw material and sterile product testing.
- Troubleshoots standard instrumentation/test methods.
- Performs activities in support of final product release testing (e.g. tests applicable for endotoxin, sterility, and particle isolation) and raw material testing (e.g. media growth promotion) where required.
- Performs activities in support of ecotoxicology testing including aquatic toxicology, avian toxicology, plant and invertebrate toxicology in a variety of matrices.
- Performs activities in support of product chemistry testing including quantitation of known materials and identification of unknown microorganisms
- Bachelor's degree in science or other related degree concentration
- 3 - 5 years related experience, preferable in a microbiology laboratory
- Standard microbiological methods and aseptic laboratory technique experience
- Knowledge of GLP preferred
- Experience working in a laboratory setting
- Experience with LIMS and Electronic laboratory notebooks
- Proficiency with MS word and excel
- Understanding of experimental design and scientific methodology in order to interpret results and draw conclusions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented setting
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to plan and prioritize concurrent assignments/activities
- Highly motivated individual who receives minimal supervision on routine assignments
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Easton, MD are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
www.eurofinsus.com.What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.Your data
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.Closing Date
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.