With over 30 years of experience in the crop protection industry, Eurofins Agroscience Services offers outstanding technical knowledge and project management skills. By acquiring a carefully selected range of CRO's, Eurofins Agroscience Services has created a unique portfolio of expertise that provides analytical, regulatory, and field support to plant breeders, agrochemical, biopesticide, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is searching for an Associate Scientist I, Analytical Chemistry to work in Easton, MD.Associate Scientist I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
QualificationsThe ideal candidate would possess:
- Use a diverse range of analytical methods for investigation of a test substance in a test system
- Performs laboratory tasks including but not limited to use of analytical balances, measuring volumes, proficient at dispensing volumes with devices such as syringe, pipet, or graduated cylinder, preparation of buffer solutions, use of pH meter, sample processing/ homogenization, microbial analysis, total organic carbon measurement, wet/dry determinations, sample combustions, use of liquid scintillation counters and assist with experimental setup such as preparation of traps for volatile components
- Perform calculations associated with analytical chemistry including stock/standard solution preparations, linear regression and ppm to ppt trace residue determination. Use of internal standards in quantitation.
- Performs sample extraction and sample clean up techniques for water, soil, crop and animal tissues, including maceration, partitioning of sample extracts, extract cleanup by solid phase extraction (SPE), QuEChERS.
- Utilize knowledge of theory, and/or operation of, a variety of chromatographic analysis instrumentation, particularly LC-UV, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS and GC-MS/MS.
- Review data entry and calculations associate with the above techniques and instrumentation.
- Documentation of work performed in laboratory notebooks, worksheets, instrument logbooks, or other printed documents as per applicable SOP and GLP guidelines
- Organization and maintenance of study raw data binders
- Contribute to preparation of data summaries and draft reports.
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or other directly related field or degree with comparable coursework in the above areas and three (3) years of experience in a directly relevant setting.
- A Master's degree in a relevant field may be substituted for the bachelor's degree and experience.
- In rare cases, comparable demonstrated competence and experience in the relevant area may be used to substitute in whole or in part for the Bachelor's degree.
- Familiarity and/or experience in a laboratory setting is required.
- Professional experience with analytical chemistry under GLP regulations is preferred.
- Experience with agrochemical residue chemistry in a CRO environment is preferred.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Easton, MD are encouraged to apply
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
www.eurofinsus.com.What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.Your data
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.Closing Date
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.