*Posting Date:* August 18, 2021 *Posting End Date:* October 18, 2021*Position: *Assistant Professor *Department: *Psychology and Sociology*Status:* Full Time*Special Qualifications*
In keeping with the President's commitment to Tuskegee University becoming "One Tuskegee", the ideal *Assistant Professor of Psychology and Sociology* will possess the willingness to use their expertise in transforming Tuskegee into a leading 21st century living and learning environment.
*Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities*
* Undergraduate course instruction and possible graduate course instruction
* Faculty will also advise students, engage in scholarship, and participate in departmental, university, and community activities
* Will teach 12 credit hours with the option of supplementing research hours obtained through grant participation for teaching instruction hours
* Doctorate or Psy.D. in Psychology, the sub-field is flexible (e.g., Educational Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Cognitive, and Social Psychology or Clinical Psychology)
* Candidates must have an earned doctorate with teaching and research interests applicable to experimental and human factors psychology broadly defined and a demonstrated commitment to continued scholarly development
* Preference will be given to candidates with previous teaching/research experience
*Salary*The salary is commensurate with education, training and experience.**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility.It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.*Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.* Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email@example.com](http://firstname.lastname@example.org)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form 1-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.