Job DescriptionCandidates hired will receive a $1,500 sign on bonus payment within 30 days from their start date.
The Department Leader receives sufficient authority from, and is accountable to the Director of Operations or appointed designate for the successful completion of assigned duties and responsibilities and has the authority to take action necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this position and to identify the occurrence of departures from the quality system or from the procedures for performing tests and/or calibrations, so long as such action does not deviate from established company guidelines, is consistent with sound technical and business judgment, and follows the practices of the laboratory.QualificationsMacronutrients
Overall Objectives and Responsibilities
- Supervise general department operations, interface with other department heads; provide guidance on procedures and/or problems, analysis methods, techniques, equipment, and schedules.
- Adhere to appropriate quality measures, which meet or exceed the standards set by ISO/IEC 17025, government regulatory, and company requirements; understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g., Quality Manual, SOPs, and Analysis Methods.
- Adhere to, and ensure that staff adheres to, pertinent health, safety, and environmental regulations relative to department; maintain and assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Assist in formulating and implementing the short and long range goals for departmental operation; set priorities, assign responsibilities, and establish timetables; project future needs and formulate strategies consistent with projections for adequate personnel, equipment, analysis methods, and facilities to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Instruct, monitor, troubleshoot and assist in the performance of manual and instrumental analysis. Operate equipment and perform minor instrument repairs; coordinate major instrument repairs with repairperson. Establish and implement procedures to ensure that assigned equipment is properly cleaned, calibrated/standardized, adequate for the testing performed and is maintained in good working order. This includes maintaining equipment operating instructions, manuals, and required logbooks.
- Modify, develop, validate, write, and edit analysis methods relative to assigned department' maintain fully approved, scientifically sound protocols and written standard methodologies to be used in area of responsibility.
- Review and evaluate test data generated within assigned area of responsibility for technical accuracy as well as SOP and cGMP compliance. Perform and provide basic evaluation of statistical tests to determine the quality accuracy of data and report values.
- As needed, perform analysis and record test data and results for samples in logbook, record book or BookMaster and enter the data or results into eLIMS either manually or through automatic export, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Write and review protocols and reports.
- Communicate and discuss methods, results and questions with client service personnel and clients; ensure that clients receive good service, accurate results, and fast turnaround time consistent with superior analytical testing.
- Critically evaluate services offered by area of responsibility; recommend, develop and implement new services, more accurate, efficient and appropriate test procedures, more accurate, efficient or cost effective equipment and more efficient layout of facilities.
- Help monitor turnaround times to support accurate quotations to clients and to keep Laboratory Manager informed of deviations from expected normal to include situations where client expectations were not met.
- Communicate clearly and concisely to clients, management, and staff both orally and in writing. Delegate responsibilities to employees in a manner that ensures they understand their tasks and roles.
- Ensure that area of responsibility maintains good standing in appropriate proficiency testing (check sample) programs such as AACC, Smalley, NFPA, and AAFCO. Respond quickly to questions concerning data quality.
- Maintain necessary document control including worksheets, logs, and listing of currently used methods with accepted modifications clearly specified, and records of method validation studies.
- Administer and direct the training of all assigned technical staff on methods, SOPs, regulatory requirements, and local laboratory policies/procedures applicable to area of responsibility. Meet regularly with personnel to ensure that proper information flows in both directions and that personnel adhere to these requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Perform the functions of hiring, training, promotions, and disciplinary issues for department personnel; handle employee relation issues as per company guidelines and with the support of Human Resources.
- Perform performance reviews for direct reporting personnel.
- Evaluate and approve or reject prospective and inprogress nonconformances (as exceptions) to standards (policies, procedures, specifications, etc.); investigate to determine the cause of retrospective nonconformances, determine and implement corrective action; and followup to ensure that the corrective action resolved the problem.
- Participate on external technical committees and attend professional meetings; make technical presentations in conjunction with sales visits and public forums.
- Remain current on technical, industry, and business advancements and trends as suggested by the Laboratory Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with major in an appropriate science field.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry preferred.
- Prefer experience or coursework in laboratory procedures, data analysis, computer operations, mathematics, and technical/business writing.
- Experience working in cGMP environment.
- 5 7 years of applicable and progressively expanded laboratory experience to include the design and review of projects, and the development and review of new testing protocols.
- Undergraduate degree with 7-10 years experience Masters degree with 37 years experience PhD with 14 years experience
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work!
Life at Eurofins is a meritocracy, where people are empowered to make decisions and are rewarded for their success, allowing them to advance quickly. Become your most extraordinary self with support and development throughout your career.
We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.