- Critically review and utilize publicly available literature, databases of chemicals (e,g, ICE, ECHA), previously run animal studies, data from in vitro experiments (e.g. Tox21 / ToxCast) to predict and assess the health risk of consumer products or pharmaceuticals
- Explore available modeling platforms and predictive models (e.g., ICE, OPERA) for fit-for-purpose application of in vitro - in vivo extrapolation (IVIVE) to tobacco and nicotine products;
- Support preclinical (in vitro; in vivo) studies and projects, evaluate current hypotheses regarding the IVIVE relevance of the data, and utilize appropriate data for the development and validation of IVIVE models.
- Work closely with other preclinical and modeling leads and external consultants and establish IVIVE capability in support of product development and risk assessment
- Communicate complex computational approaches and methodology to non-computational scientists and stakeholders
- Conduct independent research and work as part of a cross functional team.
- Carry out literature reviews; assist with study designs and research proposals.
- Develop business driven research plans and carry out research projects
- Collect data; compile and analyze new and existing data; interpret data and form results and conclusions.
- Present research to client stakeholders.
- Prepare for and contribute to scientific engagement
- PhD (doctoral degree from an accredited university) in related scientific field such as Toxicology, Biology, Bioinformatics, or closely related field.
- Ability to initiate and work independently and as part of a team; self-motivated, adaptable to changes
- Ability to seek and learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, and comply with company policies
- Excellent communication (oral and written), attention to details and discipline to publish in time
- Hands-on experience in computational modelling and programming using R is highly desirable
- Experience with preclinical (in vitro; in vivo) toxicity testing is a plus
- Experience analyzing large data sets and interpreting results
- Experience reviewing and summarizing literature
- Detailed-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and teambuilding skills
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) along with demonstrated ability to collaborate with others.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Authorization to work in the United States without restriction (H1B sponsorship is possible)
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Richmond, VA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays