QualificationsThe Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Grow CHO cell culture from vial thaw to scale up bioreactors for use by the analytical group, or downstream processing group according to established procedures.
- Conduct cell culture experiments within statistically designed matrices for purposes of bioprocess characterization and optimization.
- Monitor culture growth, productivity and performance while preparing and adding feed and nutrients for culture viability
- Run basic analytical methods and culture offline methods, which may include HPLC, Vicell, BioHT metabolite analysis.
- Assist senior members of the Mab Prep Lab and Upstream process development team with large-scale preps and routine processing.
- Perform data analysis by using instrument computer software and office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Maintain a research laboratory notebook to document all lab-based work, write basic study reports and delivery memos and assist DSP team members with more complicated report writing.
- Order and stock laboratory equipment and supplies for the Mab Prep Lab laboratory.
- Work with multiple scientists within the group to effectively schedule work. Be flexible to work with other groups in Kalamazoo if workloads so require.
- Highly computer literate. Capable of quickly learning and adapting to new computer programs
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Other computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good organizational skills required
- Individual must have good organizational skills. Individual should be highly motivated, must be a team player, and capable of working with minimal oversight
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biochemistry or other related degree concentration
- At least one year of laboratory experience with mammalian cell culture and sterile culturing techniques
- Occasional night and/or weekend work may be required
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Kalamazoo MI are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays