- Employee will establish experimental approaches, under minimal supervision, addressing mechanism of action of drug candidates such as cellular signaling, uptake and kinetics, localization and recycling of drug product within target cells. In addition, employee will be expected to develop pharmacodynamic markers, to incorporate into the early development of drug candidates.
- Participate in drug discovery research-based assay development and validation activities across a variety of assay platforms.
- Perform assays for qualification and/or support characterization of critical reagents.
- Actively collaborate with colleagues within and outside of Research & Non-clinical development.
- Provide various support functions in Laboratory Operations group for overall Rare Disease Drug Discovery program progression such as management of sample receipt and movement, laboratory organization, and review of laboratory documentation such as equipment and/or control logs, managing equipment maintenance, performing equipment calibration checks, ordering and tracking of lab materials and supplies, reagent preparation.
- BS/MS (minimum 2+ years of industry related experience) in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or other related disciplines preferred.
- Experience with performance of drug discovery research assays in a regulated Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and/or Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and/or CLIA environment is required
- Hands on experience and proficiency with the use of various research tools including but not limited to ELISA, MSD, Western, enzymatic assays, immunofluorescence, complement assays, and SPR to contribute to Rare Disease Drug Discovery Unit.
- Knowledge of a diverse range of cellular experiments to measure changes in cellular activity in support of in-vitro and in-vivo studies is required.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Candidate must be highly independent and motivated, have good oral and written communication skills and ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Incumbent is expected to independently perform tasks required for successful daily operation of the lab, such as routine lab equipment maintenance and oversight and preparation of lab reagents.
- Participation in assay development and validations will be performed with supervision.
- Expected to be accountable for effectiveness and timeliness of completion of milestones and project goals.
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Cambridge, MA are encouraged to apply. Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays