- Use sterile technique, cell counting and pipetting skills.
- Prepare buffers and media
- Freeze, thaw and expand hybridoma cells.
- Purify monoclonal antibody from tissue culture supernatants.
- Employ virological and bacterial methodologies including ELISA, nucleic acid extraction, PCR, serum neutralization assays, virus isolation, Western blot, and bacterial growth and identification.
- Flow cytometry.
- Keep accurate records of experiments.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- At least two year technical laboratory experience
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Experience performing culture of mammalian tissue, viruses or bacteria
- Fundamental knowledge of ELISA
- Experience in antibody/antigen interaction
- Experience in Western blotting techniques would be a plus
- Experience working with viruses and bacteria
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Kalamazoo, MI are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays