- Must possess a broad knowledge about testing of biopharmaceutical products, with preference given to those with experience in viral vectors and/or cell and gene therapy products
- Provide technical guidance in cell and gene therapy related issues during client and/or regulatory agency audits
- Participate in the development of new methods/protocols, investigations and troubleshooting of methods, evaluation of emerging technologies, training and mentoring of junior staff.
- Review incoming Biopharmaceutical (including biologics specifically for cell/ gene therapy) product safety sheets and provide guidance on testing concerns
- Keep abreast of new and/or changes to regulations that impact the facility
- Strong scientific, computer, documentation, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Perform independent research and present information at industry conferences
- Become a member of industry work groups or committees.
- Drive innovation in existing departments
- Champion implementation of new techniques, technologies and instrumentation - justify new technology by creating a business plan
- Develop technical training programs to strengthen staff skills
- Participate in any other programs as requested by management/leadership team
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ph. D in Virology, Microbiology, Infectious Diseases, Epidemiology, Immunology or related field with 5 - 10 years of experience in addition to post-doctoral experience
- Or Masters with 10 - 15 years of experience
- Candidate will possess knowledge of manufacturing and testing methods, and protocols in the viral vector sector for drug substances/drug products, cell banks, and other applicable materials.
- Experience working with virus and/or cell culture specific to cell or gene therapy (ATMP) products.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, PA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays