As part of the Automation Services team, you will be supporting and designing complex data integration solutions that are essential to the University's core operations.
You will take a leading role in the implementation of such solutions for forthcoming projects and the ongoing development of University data integration systems.About the Role
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate resourcefulness, initiative and understand the value of delivering reliable and stable services with clear and concise documentation. You will be working as part of a team of highly motivated individuals who are committed to achieving deadlines and customer satisfaction.What you'll do
What you'll bring
- Take a lead in making our infrastructure, interfaces and tools more interchangeable and API-driven, in particular as we work to modernise our data integration platforms and methods
- Develop interfaces for forthcoming projects to ensure the reliable and timely transfer of data between key university systems
- Consider and develop solutions using automation to improve existing processes
- Mentor colleagues and assist junior members of the team
- Experience of data integration tools such as BizTalk, SSIS, Azure Integration Services or other similar technology
- A history of designing and implementing integration solutions including the creation of relevant documentation
- Experience of mentoring less experienced technical colleagues
- The ability to present your ideas and your specialist area to a wide and potentially non-technical audience
The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance (30+ days), defined benefit pension, flexi-time and flexible working, generous parental leave and childcare provision. For more information on our benefits, please visit our human resources pages
At the University of Southampton, we are committed to our strategic principles of collegiality, quality, sustainability and global reputation. The University is committed to addressing equality issues and is a founding signatory of the Athena SWAN Charter, holding a silver-level Athena SWAN award.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.