At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It's in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
The Journals Publishing Assistant provides editorial and administrative assistance to senior members of the team, supporting effective management and development of journal products. The individual in this role manages a list of up to 10 lower-risk journals.How you will make an impact:
We are looking for people who:
- Support the day-to-day management and development of a list of journals in the Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Act as liaison point between external stakeholders (editors, society executives) and Wiley staff, dealing with queries independently on a broad range of matters. Ask for assistance from other departments and individuals as appropriate, following up to make sure questions and concerns are addressed. Engage with team members and manager as needed to fully understand the query and how best to answer it.
- Take overall responsibility for the integrity of editorial data in Wiley systems for assigned journals, maintaining, cleaning, and updating it. Review and report on journal data as required, using bespoke Wiley systems, including financial accounts and budgets. Ensure proper filing of journal contracts and contractual information, ensuring this is kept up to date according to agreed structure for the editorial team.
- Understand and report on progress of new and ongoing initiatives, managing and tracking projects as required. Proactively ensure financial payments are processed and delivered with appropriate paperwork, and any concerns about specific payments are flagged immediately.
- Organise internal and external meetings as required. Attend and take minutes as appropriate; supervise catering and AV arrangements; proactively troubleshoot where needed to ensure success of event.
- With support from manager and other senior team members, take individual responsibility for up to 10 lower-risk journal titles.
- Have exceptional organizational skills
- Have good attention to detail and numeracy
- Have excellent spoken and written English
- Have an interest in collaboration and working within a team, someone who is personable and able to form relationships
- Have good MS Office skills, and are comfortable with learning new systems and processes
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company's headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
When applying, please attach your resume/CV to be considered