Verder Group is a technology firm with approximately 1500 employees. The Scientific Division of the Verder Group with a US headquarters in Newtown, PA, focuses on 4 of the innovative companies setting standards for laboratory and analysis instrumentation.
Verder Scientific manufactures first class instrumentation for sample preparation with grinding and sieving (www.Retsch.com), particle characterization (www.microtrac.com), Heat Treatment (www.Carbolite-Gero.com), Elemental Analysis (www.Eltra.com) and metallographic sample preparation & hardness testing (www.qatm.com).
For our Newtown, PA facility we are looking for a highly motivated new team member as:QATM Application Scientist/Demo Lab ManagerYour Responsibilities would include:
- Setting up the lab with equipment best suited for materials likely to be encountered by the Sales Force (SF). To choose the equipment wisely, he/she should also solicit the opinion of the Sales Force.
- Training new sales staff and anyone within company that may be asked a question regarding our equipment or consumables.
- Setup and training customers on newly sold equipment, whenever required
- Fielding customer calls that come directly into the Lab. This may be the result of the SF telling them to call in directly or that the customer has developed a relationship with the AM.
- Answering application and equipment related questions generated by potential clients, current customers and field sales.
- Developing preparation methods for potential customers with the goal of securing an order, suggesting the best possible instrument configuration to handle the application
- Developing preparation methods for existing customers with the goal of maintaining existing business or gaining new business
- Develop new preparation methods using new consumables or using existing consumables in new ways i.e., give us something that our competitors do not have
- Staying informed of trends in materials science via trade publications and technical conferences
- Performing virtual machine demonstrations for internal and external customers
- Attending/working trade shows
- Writing and presenting technical papers at relevant conferences
- Preparing process reports, formatted with QATM letterhead and templates
- Supporting Sales with sample preparation at customer's premises
- closely observing equipment and consumables performance with the purpose of reporting back to manufacturing site any discovered areas for improvement
- qualify consumable(s) when customer complaint may arise.
- making suggestions to manufacturing site on how products can be improved.
- periodically visiting the main lab at manufacturing site for knowledge exchange and team development.
- Materials Science Degree or 3-5 years' experience in metallography performing sample preparation, hardness testing, microscopy and analysis at a materials testing laboratory required
- Preferred, but not required, experience working in a CRM system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel
- Position offers salary and bonus incentives
- Life/Health/Dental/Vision Insurance Included - all paid by company
- SIMPLE IRA enrollment offered after 1 year of employment with 3% company match
- 10 Vacation days and 10 sick/personal days allotted
Company DescriptionVerder Group is a technology firm with approximately 1500 employees. The Scientific Division of the Verder Group with a US headquarters in Newtown, PA, focuses on the innovative companies setting standards for laboratory analysis instrumentation. Verder Scientific manufactures first class instrumentation for sample preparation with grinding and sieving (www.Retsch.com), particle characterization (www.microtrac.com) , Heat Treatment (www.Carbolite-Gero.com), Elemental Analysis (www.Eltra.com) and Materialography & Hardness Testing (www.qatm.com). For our Newtown, PA facility we are looking for a highly motivated new team member.