LVN or RN
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction to students that meet the program and course objectives. The CNA Instructor should maintain an organized, disciplined classroom environment that is conducive to learning and imparts the requirements of the relevant workplace setting to existing students.
* Present lectures online, in skills lab and conduct discussions to increase students' knowledge and competence, using visual aids such as graphs, charts, videotapes and slides.
* Identify and tutor students who have not successfully completed the NATP in time for the Graduation.
* Prepare students to pass the CNA certification examination.
* Review student records to ensure that Health Exam and Screening documentation is received and properly filed in student training records.
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
* Understanding of education environments including needs of adult learners
* Ability to provide a positive and effective learning environment
* Knowledge and understanding of professional career paths for which students are enrolled
* Motivation, dedication and enthusiasm for teaching
* Good Organization and Communication Skills and review student records to ensure that Health Exam and Screening documentation is received and properly filed in student training records.
* Observe and evaluate students' work to determine progress, provide feedback, and make suggestions for improvement.
*Credentials and Experience:*
* Must hold a California RN or LVN License that is active, current and in good standing.
* Must have a minimum 2 years of nursing experience, one (1) year in a long term/skilled nursing facility providing direct patient in addition to one (1) year experience planning, implementing and evaluating educational programs in nursing
* Must have valid California Director of Staff Development certification.
* Must meet the requirements of CCR Title 22, 71829.