We are currently searching for a Scientific Program Manager to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a temporary, part-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise and consult on U.S. government global heath security and biodefense policy and policy formulation.
- Draft, edit, and comment on policy documents at all stages of policy process.
- Participate in internal and interagency phone calls and meetings as requested. Some documents and meetings are expected to be classified.
- Prepare research response to infectious disease emergencies, and related issues of federal and international cooperation and coordination in the area of activity of public health emergency preparedness and response policy. In addition to policy documents, it may include work on books, papers, articles, and presentations.
- Serve as managing editor of a multi-contributor book project, Principles and Practice of Emergency Response Research.
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Business or a related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience working with policy guidance for the Federal Government and/or State Department.
- Experience with writing and editing policy documents and overseeing all stages of policy processes.
#LI-EJ1Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.