We are currently searching for a Scientific Program Manager to provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the National Institute on Aging in the Center for Alzheimer's and Related Dementias. The primary objective is to provide services and deliverables through performance of support services. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and document projects from beginning to completion; monitor and report the status of completion, funding and results attained; provide progress reports
- Perform a variety of quantitative and qualitative assessment and evaluation activities involved in collection, organization, analysis, preparation, processing and reporting of scientific information
- Collaborate with staff on the planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of programs and initiatives in the assigned specialty area of research
- Oversee all data management activities and development of data files for internal and external use as necessary
- Review and summarize materials and data; gather and coordinate information for review; conduct data entry and file maintenance; edit and/or prepare text, data and charts
- Take and compile comprehensive notes and organize and edit content of meeting reports
- Plan, organize and participate in technical meetings and consultations that convene diverse experts to advance key issues in scientific research
- Attend and participate in multidisciplinary research team meetings and functions
- Prepare briefing materials and summaries of meetings, workshops, and conferences
- Prepare for a variety of information exchanges with public and private sector science colleagues working on research, programs, and policy related to research program priorities
- Identify gaps in existing scientific knowledge and provide recommendations for future research efforts
- Review short and long range planning proposals to ensure alignment with organizational objectives and mission
- Evaluate program activities to identify issues and develop recommendations for improvement
- Work with staff on planning and implementing project-based activities, e.g., workshop planning, resource evaluation, communication strategy, assist with report writing/editing, etc.
- Meet with leadership on a regular basis to provide oral reports and discuss the status of on-going projects and to receive new assignments
- Track implementation of the Project; review progress in relation to the plan; work with the Project Team to revise the plan as needed; develop and maintain a project-tracking document
- Facilitate biospecimen acquisition, shipment, storage, tracking and distribution
- Develop project specific plans and timelines needed to execute studies and research and other projects
- Work with staff on the development and coordination of scientific initiatives
- Analyze program activities to identify issues and develop recommendations for improvement
- Advise senior project staff on study decisions; troubleshoot issues; analyze study goals, timeline, planning and progress
- Develop and update project plans to accurately reflect milestones and resources for assigned or self-initiated projects
- Develop and implement a comprehensive documentation procedure for projects, and portfolio monitoring activities
- Provide detailed, comparative projections based on the progress of projects, funding levels and other factors
- Identify operational and technical problems; work with staff to identify a recommended action plan and solutions
- Manage and proposed research plans, short and long-term goals and objects for research projects via development and tracking of project work plans
- Screen and evaluate fit of the science topic of proposed projects for their interest and appropriateness with the mission of the Institute
- Prepare, a variety of routine and special reports on the research goals, current activities, accomplishments, and strategic planning efforts
- Provide scientific and management support to staff on planning and implementation of projects, including setting priorities, managing assigned tasks, monitoring project status, reviewing deliverables, and providing status updates
- Work with staff and awardee staff to plan and execute communications and training programs
- Work with staff on the development and coordination of scientific activities within the initiative
- Perform scientific and administrative reviews and analyses of applications/proposals from a programmatic viewpoint
- Interact with scientists as needed to help overcome technical hurdles or provide additional insights or expertise regarding the preparation of scientific protocols
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.
- Master's degree or PhD in a related discipline (e.g. neuroscience, genetics)
- At least 3 years of experience in biology or related field
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.