*Job Summary / Basic Function:**SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:* Provides instruction for students enrolled in Sociology courses in the General Education and Developmental Studies department. Must be able to teach college-level Sociology courses. This faculty member will teach college-level courses that are part of the Core Curriculum Assessment. All LIT faculty are responsible for recruitment and retention as a part of achieving the Institute's Shared Vision of Growth and Excellence. *DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:*
* Effectively support LIT's recruitment and retention efforts (students and faculty).
* Knowledge of teaching methodologies/pedagogical strategies.
* Actively engage students in the learning process.
* Ability to work well in a team environment.
* Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
* Maintain ethical and professional behavior.
* Knowledge of policies and procedures contained in the TSUS and LIT Policies and Procedures Manual.
* Participate in college service, which may include, advise or tutor students and committee work.
* Maintain on campus office hours.
* Possess good time management skills.
* Teach classes during the fall, spring, and summer semesters as required by the department (might include day, evening, weekend, and Early College High School/dual credit).
* Provide mentorship to dual credit partners/mentees.
* Attend Teaching and Learning Center sessions to enhance teaching skills.
* Awareness of national matters and trends in education.
* Assist in the development of curriculum as needed.
* Enhance skills necessary to teach online courses.
* Participate in assessment activities for the LIT Core Curriculum.
* Perform related duties as required.
*Minimum Qualifications:**Minimum Education/Qualification Required:* A Master's degree in Sociology or a Master's degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the subject area. A Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications is required.
*EEO Statement:*Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
*Security Sensitive Statement:*This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
*Open Until Filled:*Yes