This role has the following schedule: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm, no weekends or holidays. Job Summary:
To assess, develop, implement and evaluate the nursing care and treatm ent for patients in an assigned clinical area. To coordinate the operations of a clinical area including patient scheduling, maintaining patient records and managing the patient admissions process. To counsel with patients and family members on treatment and conditions of patients. To act as liaison between case managers, home health nurses, utilization review, etc. To coordinate patient services and care. To perform job duties in accordance with the medical center's purpose.
Education & Experience:
Associate's degree in nursing/diploma.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required :
Valid RN license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of clinical nursing care procedures and protocols
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of computer systems/EHR, tools and programs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of approved nursing care procedures and protocols
- Provides patient care by performing problem-focused assessments, planning, implementing and evaluating treatments and interventions for patients in the physicians practice. Accurately documents care provided into the patients electronic medical record.
- Coordinates the delivery of care within the practice setting and across health care settings. Administers and coordinates resources and direct clinical and organizational activities and workflow within the practice setting. Refers patients to needed services as ordered by the provider.
- Fosters interdisciplinary collaboration to improve quality of care, services, patient satisfaction and outcomes, work environment patient and staff safety, and organizational performance.
- Communicates openly with patients, caregivers, and other health care professionals regarding patient care and the ambulatory care nurse's role in the provision of that care within the practice setting.
- Ensures patients have access to care that is appropriate, safe, effective, timely, efficient, and equitable, resulting in optimal health states for patients and cost-effective outcomes for the practice and organization.
- Serves as a mentor for new staff, colleagues, and students; actively participates in orientation and ongoing education programs; positively interacts with and contributes to the professional development of clinical staff, peers, and colleagues.
- Preserves patients' rights to confidentiality, privacy, and self-determination within legal, regulatory, and ethical parameters. Reports patients issues or concerns to supervisor as appropriate.
- Demonstrates core standards of exceptional customer service.
- Actively engages in practice and organizational initiatives that create and maintain an internal environment that is safe, hazard-free, ergonomically correct, confidential, and comfortable for patients, visitors, and staff.
- Complies with practice and organizational policies, protocols, and guidelines addressing the prevention of the spread of infection and allergic reactions, the disposal of biohazardous waste, and maintenance of a safe, comfortable environment.
- Coordinates referrals to other services within and outside of organization.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.