This position involves carrying out experimental protocols (e.g. participants screening, managing day-to-day laboratory functions, blood draws, and managing research related documentation).
* Coordinate research activities on a daily basis. Assess protocol prior to implementation for potential ethical, safety, and implementation problems and recommend changes to investigator/staff.
* Assess and report changes in participants emotional or physical health. Assess and report participants responses to study tasks. Collect data for research protocols accurately and on time and reports problems to investigator/research team. Assess and report problems with participants protocol compliance or behavior and intervenes appropriately.
* Document all study activities in a timely and effective manner. Create and document standard operating procedures for new study protocols
* Screen/consent potential participants.
* Collecting Urine for analysis (pregnancy test). Connect subjects to criticare monitor and monitor vital signs in adherence to safety parameter as established by the medical monitor.
* Perform blood draws, process and freeze blood samples, and make arrangements to send for analysis.
* Order and mange flow of supplies.
* Use equipment for measuring carbon monoxide, as well as state-of-the-art, custom-made software and hardware to measure waterpipe smokers puff topography.
* Maintain knowledge base of existing topography equipment required for data collection.
* Manages a petty cash fund. Manages fund in a secure location at all times. Maintains strict financial records recording the use of funds.
* Monthly and/or annual reconciliation required (depends on FIU policy) by business manager to ensure funds are correct.
* Help in recruiting participants for the study. Assist in scheduling subjects for the study sessions.
* Participates in ongoing educational activities relevant to clinical and professional issues and to policy changes and educational activities as related to the project.
* Stay current on all educational requirements as related to study (IRB, CPR, fire, safety, and infection control).
* Performs other related tasks as required or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are related to the position.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing or related degree and 2 years experience in nursing or clinical research.
* Registered Nurse (RN) License.
* Ability to learn to use new equipment that are used for the research project (e.g. measuring Carbon monoxide in the exhaled air), as well as state-of-the-art, custom-made software and hardware to measure waterpipe smokers puff topography including calibration, maintenance, and use of all research equipment.
* Ability to learn how to conduct experimental sessions with waterpipe users.
* Attention to detail. Good computer skills (MSWord and MS Excel).
* Ability to unload/shelve supplies and equipment.
* Begin time: 8:30 AM
* End time: 5:00 PM
* Criminal Background Check
* Fingerprinting Check
* Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
How To Apply
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid e-mail account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process. In this account, you are able to track your applicant status in "My Applications".
In order to be considered eligible for the position as an internal candidate, departmental staff must meet minimum requirements of the position, be in good performance standing, and have been continuously employed at the University for at least six months.
Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae into one attachment. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
* This posting will close at 12:00 am of the close date.