Olde Towne School for Dogs, the premiere dog training company located in Alexandria, VA serving the D.C. metropolitan area, is looking to hire new full-time trainers to our high energy team in a fast-paced and dog-filled environment! We provide exceptional service to our clients with private puppy training, formal obedience classes, and off-leash training for dogs of all breeds and temperaments. We train basic obedience behaviors and work to remedy behavioral problems including reactivity, aggression, fearfulness, anxiety, general nuisance behaviors and more. As a trainer, you will have a significant and direct impact on each of your clients' quality of life, and help pet owners to understand how to better communicate with their four-legged friends. You will have a chance to improve your craft and continue your education alongside our enthusiastic staff with over 100 years of combined training experience. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to training dogs 1-on-1, conducting private lessons to clients, carrying out evaluations for potential clients and their dogs, and returning client correspondence via email and phone.
- 1 year dog training or pet industry experience working directly with dogs (training, dog-walking, veterinarian office, daycare, kennel, etc).
- Ability to work and communicate well with the others.
- Willing to be open-minded, well-rounded and balanced in your approach and techniques of dog training including the use of positive reinforcement, negative reinforcement, correction, food/treats, play/toys, training collars, and remote collars.
- Must be an active person confident in their ability to handle and train dogs of all sizes and temperaments.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to learn and expand both knowledge and skills.
- Able to work daytime and weekends (typical workweek is Tuesday-Saturday).
Preference given to individuals with previous professional dog training experience.
- Compensation of $55,000 - $70,000+/year dependent on commission/bonuses.
- Two weeks of paid vacation after one year of employment.
- Health insurance provided by Blue Cross, Blue Shield.
- Being part of a team committed to continually developing their methods, skills, and teaching abilities.
For consideration, please submit your resume along with an explanation of why you would be an asset to our team to email@example.com. Qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule phone and/or in-person interviews.