*University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is currently seeking a Clinical Research Assistant to join Department of Diagnostic Radiology.* *UMB was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine (Feb 2021).* *BENEFITS:*This EXEMPT position offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. *UMB requires all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. * *PRIMARY DUTIES:*
* • Responsible for assisting with the performance of research projects in a clinical setting, including recruitment of potential study subjects and collection and organization of data.
• Assist with preforming data collection by conducting research interviews, reviewing medical charts, and accessing computerized medical information systems. Assists with recruiting and screening subjects for research studies according to IRB approved protocols.
• Assist in verifying participant eligibility; obtains consent and enrollment; and assures accurate demographic information for follow-up.
• Assist with data analysis and interpretation, and the development of statistical reports of study data using descriptive statistics using SAS, STATA, and SPSSS software. Assists in developing, submitting, and providing content for grants, papers, abstracts, manuscripts, and presentations. Conducts and analyzes literature searches.
• Assist the Principle Investigator and other research personnel in the development of research protocols and materials by providing study analysis and forming conclusions and recommendations.
• Assist with preforming administrative duties. Maintains communication with participants and colleagues regarding protocol specific information and research orders. May also assist with providing assessments and ensuring protocol compliance while participants are in a study.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
* *Education: *Bachelor's degree in a scientific field of study related to the research of the clinical setting.
* *Experience: *Prior clinical research experience preferred.
* *Supervisory Experience:* N/A
* *Certification/Licensure: *N/A
* *Other:* May consider a combination of directly related experience and education.
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:*
* Knowledge of position requirements. Knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to work cooperatively with others and independently. Ability to demonstrate, understand, apply, and adhere to the UMB Core Values of Accountability, Civility, Collaboration, Diversity, Excellence, Leadership, and Knowledge.
*Hiring Range: *Commensurate with education and experience UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [HRJobs@umaryland.edu](mailto:HRJobs@umaryland.edu).[ ](mailto:HRJobs@umaryland.edu) If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a [UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request](https://umbforms.wufoo.com/forms/umb-job-applicant-accommodation-request/). You may also contact [HRDiversity@umaryland.edu](mailto:HRDiversity@umaryland.edu). Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
*Job: *Reg or CII Exempt Staff
*Shift: *Day Job
*Organization: *School of Medicine - Diagnostic Radiology
*Job Posting: *Oct 5, 2021
*Unposting Date: *Oct 19, 2021, 10:59:00 PM