Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That's why we're focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We're revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Our location in Alameda, CA currently has an opportunity for a Senior Clinical Research Associate.
You will be responsible Responsible the design, execution, and monitoring of internal and external clinical studies of limited scope. Participate in the development of operating procedures. Develop study protocols for executing experiments, evaluation and documentation of results. Participate in the development of standard procedures in executing experiments, evaluation and documentation of results. Follows standard and complex procedures in executing
studies, evaluation and documentation of results. WHAT YOU'LL DO
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Responsible for the design, execution and monitoring of internal clinical studies.
- Responsible for the design, training and monitoring of Abbott
sponsored external clinical studies of limited scope (such as 510(k) submission studies.
- Participate in the design, training and monitoring of Abbott
sponsored external clinical studies including PMA and outcome
- Participates in identification and qualification of external
- Participates in the development and maintaining of standard
- Participates in cross functional team activities for product
- Communicates effectively the outcomes of the study to cross
- Medical Device experience strongly preferred.
Associate degree is required. Bachelor degree is preferred. A minimum of 6 years of experience in conducting clinical studies or related laboratory skills with an Associate degree or 4 years of experience in conducting clinical studies or related laboratory skills with a Bachelor's degree is required. In lieu of an associate degree, a minimum of eight years of experience in conducting clinical
research or laboratory experience in biology or related field is required. Experience in medical device related studies is desirable. Knowledge of regulations governing medical devices is desirable. Successful and timely completion of clinical studies directly impacts the ability to meet product development goals and product introduction timelines.WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- A fast-paced work environment where your contribution is essential to success
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.